As of June 1st, 2021, this integration is available on:
- All Salesforce plan tiers
- Professional and Enterprise ActiveCampaign plan tiers
You can bulk update the "ActiveCampaign Sync Status" field for existing contacts and leads in Salesforce so that they sync automatically to ActiveCampaign through the ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration. This process will keep contacts and leads in sync between both platforms whenever updates are made to any mapped fields.
You must complete the ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration setup in order to sync existing contact and lead data from Salesforce to ActiveCampaign.
1. Log into your Salesforce account and navigate to Reports.
2. Create a report of all contacts or leads that you wish to sync into ActiveCampaign.
3. Under "Columns" in the left menu, type "ActiveCampaign" and click "ActiveCampaign Sync Status." This will add the ActiveCampaign Sync Status field to your report.
4. Click the "Run" button to run the report.
5. After the report runs, click the down caret next to the "Edit" button and click "Export."
6. An "Export" modal will open. Click the "Format" dropdown and click the "CSV" option. You do not need to change encoding in this step.
7. Click the "Export" button.
8. Open the CSV file. You will see that the "ActiveCampaign Sync Status" column is blank for your leads or contacts. Update this column to say
Waiting For Next Sync for all leads or contacts in the file.
9. Save the CSV file.
10. From your Salesforce account, go to the Setup page.
11. Using the "Quick Find" option on the left, type"Data Import" then click "Data Import Wizard."
12. On the Data Import Wizard page, click the "Launch Wizard!" button and follow the prompts to upload your CSV file and map columns. Click the "Start Import" button to import your file.
Once the CSV file is imported into Salesforce, you'll see that all contacts or leads will show "Waiting For Next Sync" for the "ActiveCampaign Sync Status" field on their Salesforce record.
All contacts or leads who have "Waiting For Next Sync" in their profile record will be included in the next data sync to ActiveCampaign through the ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration.
Note that you can import up to 50,000 records at a time with the Data Import Wizard. If your import file exceeds this limit, then you will need to use the Salesforce Data Loader or break the import file into smaller files prior to importing.