This feature is available on Plus, Professional, and Enterprise.
You can use the ActiveCampaign for Chrome extension to create Contact and Deal tasks right from your Gmail inbox or your Chrome browser bar. Once the task is created, it will sync to your ActiveCampaign account.
See the Getting Started with the ActiveCampaign for Chrome extension help article for additional resources.
Create a task from your Gmail account
To create a task from your Gmail account, follow these steps:
- Open your Gmail inbox.
- Locate any email between you and the Contact you’d like to add a note to and open it. The ActiveCampaign Chrome extension will load on the right side panel.
Click the plus symbol (+) located on the top right of the side panel.
Click "Add a task" from the list of options.
- The "Add a task" panel will open. Type the title of the task into the space provided and provide a short description.
Use the date and time dropdown fields to set a due date and time for the task.
- Next, you can assign the task to any member on your team using the "Assigned to" dropdown field.
Use the "Task type" dropdown to select the task type. You can choose from any default options that came with your account or you can choose a custom task type that you created.
- The status dropdown will let you mark a task as complete. If you're creating a new task, the default status will be "Incomplete."
- Use the "Task Relation" dropdown to associate the task with a Contact or a Deal. Note that if the Contact does not yet have a Deal, only "Contact" will be listed in this dropdown.
- When finished, click the "Add" button at the bottom of the form.
- You can access the task you created from the Contact view in the side panel. You can view and edit details at any time.
Create a task from the browser bar
You can create a Contact or Deal related task from anywhere on the web using the ActiveCampaign Chrome extension popup.
To create a task from the browser bar, follow these steps:
Click the ActiveCampaign logo in your browser bar.
- A modal window will open. Click on the “+” button in the header of this window.
Select “Add a task”.
Complete the fields in the task form.
You can search for the Contact or Deal you’re associating the task to within the form’s related Contact or Deal field.
- When finished, click the “Add” button at the bottom of the form. You'll see a confirmation message in the modal window.