Available on Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
The ActiveCampaign for Shopify integration is a one-way sync that sends actionable purchase and abandoned cart data directly from your Shopify store into your ActiveCampaign account for both logged-in customers and guests.
You can use this data to send customized follow-up emails to your contacts, trigger automations to run based on customer and purchased data, create list segments, configure automation goals, and more.
Shopify data on the contact profile page
When contacts sync from Shopify to your ActiveCampaign account, data will appear on their contact profile records.
The Ecommerce object contains order and abandoned cart data for your connected store.
From this object, you can:
- Sort data in the Ecommerce object. You can sort data in this object by the following:
- Ecommerce activity. Select either "Completed" or "Abandoned"
- Store name. Use this to sort data by a specific store if you have more than one store connected to your ActiveCampaign account
- View metrics. The Ecommerce object displays metrics that show total revenue, total orders, and the number of products purchased
- View order information. The following information is available in the Ecommerce object for orders:
- Order number
- Total (order price)
- Order Date and time
- Order status (Completed or Abandoned)
- Store name
- View product detail information. Each order listed in the object has a "Products" button. Clicking this button opens the order details for that specific order.
- Details here include:
- Order status
- Order number (Clicking the Order ID number opens the order in your connected Shopify store)
- Order total
- Order date and time
- Discount code and discount price
- Products contained in the order:
- Image of the product (if available)
- Product name
- Product category
- Quantity ordered
- Product price
Ecommerce information on the contact's activity stream
The following information appears on the contact's activity stream:
- Synced order information
- Abandoned carts
Shopify store tags
This integration syncs your Shopify store tags. These tags appear in the "Tags" section of contact profile records.
You can manage your customer tags on the Manage Tags page in your account. To go to the Manage Tags page, click “Contacts” then click “Manage Tags.”
"Accepts Marketing" information
This integration syncs all contacts who check the "Accepts Marketing" box and those who don't. However, this preference is not displayed on contact profile records.
To see which contacts opted into marketing through your Shopify store, you will need to create an advanced search using the "Ecommerce" > "Has opted into marketing" segment condition.
Fields imported from Shopify
Below is a list of fields imported from Shopify and the fields they are mapped to in ActiveCampaign. These fields appear on profile records for synced contacts.
|Shopify fields||ActiveCampaign fields|
|Customer first name||First name|
|Customer last name||Last name|
|Product title||Product name|
|Product type||Product category|
|Product ID||Product ID|
|Order total||Order total|
|Order shipping method||Order shipping method|
|Order date||Order date|
|Product price||Product price|
|Product description||Product description|
|Product quantity||Product quantity|
|Product image||Product image|
* About the synced phone number from Shopify
The integration will first look for a customer's phone number on their customer record in your Shopify store. If the integration locates that phone number, it will sync to your ActiveCampaign account.
If no phone number is found on the customer record, the integration will check to see if the customer has a phone number associated with their default shipping address. If the integration locates that phone number, it will sync to ActiveCampaign.
If no phone number is found, we will not sync the customer's phone number.
Use Ecommerce segmenting conditions
Ecommerce segmenting conditions are available in your account once the Shopify integration is enabled. You can use these conditions to create:
- "If/Else" forks in automations
- Conditional content in your campaigns
- Goal conditions in automations
- "Split Test" automations
- Deal and contact scores
- List segments
- And more!
Use personalization tags generated from this integration in your campaigns and automation emails. Doing so lets you dynamically display product-specific content in your messaging.
Start an automation when a customer makes a purchase
Add a contact to an automation as soon as they purchase with the "Makes a purchase" automation trigger.
View order information in the Conversations Unified Inbox
If you're using Conversations, agents will see an overview of a known visitor's order history. This information dynamically appears in the Conversations Unified Inbox when a known visitor opens a conversation. Agents can use this information to gain greater context when interacting with a visitor, allowing for deeper engagement.
Enable site tracking for your Shopify store
See which page in your store contacts are visiting with site tracking.