You can add and update contacts from ActiveCampaign to Pipedrive with an automation action.
In this article:
- This integration requires a Pipedrive account and access to automations in ActiveCampaign
- You can connect more than one Pipedrive account to ActiveCampaign
- Only contact fields from ActiveCampaign can be synced to Pipedrive. This includes standard contact fields and custom contact fields
- Only contacts who reach the "Create and update people in Pipedrive" action in your automation will be added/updated in Pipedrive
How the Pipedrive app works
The Pipedrive app uses the "Create and update people in Pipedrive" automation action to sync contact information from ActiveCampaign to Pipedrive. Once you add this action to your automation, a prompt will walk you through the following connection and configuration steps:
- Connect to a Pipedrive account
- Map ActiveCampaign contact fields with Pipedrive people fields
As contacts pass through this action in your automation, mapped data will sync to Pipedrive in real-time.
Add and configure the "Create and update people in Pipedrive" action in your automation
1. From your automation, click "CX Apps" in the right menu.
2. Click the "Create and update people in Pipedrive" action and drag it to your automation.
3. A dialog box will open. Click the "Connect" button.
4. Provide your Pipedrive login credentials and follow instructions to connect Pipedrive with ActiveCampaign.
5. You will be directed back to your ActiveCampaign account. The dialog box will show an "Account Connected!" message. Click the "Continue" button.
6. Next step, you'll need to map contact fields in your ActiveCampaign account to people fields in Pipedrive. Note that you are required to map first name, last name, and email fields.
You can map additional fields. To do so, click "Add Field Mapping" then click the dropdowns to map the desired fields.
Once you're done mapping fields, click the "Finish" button.
The action will be added to your automation in ActiveCampaign.
In addition, Pipedrive will appear on the "Connected Apps" in your ActiveCampaign account.
Disconnect your Pipedrive account from ActiveCampaign
You can disconnect your Pipedrive account from ActiveCampaign. Once disconnected, you will no longer be able to sync contact information from ActiveCampaign to Pipedrive. No information will be lost in Pipedrive once the account is disconnected.
1. Click "Apps" in the left menu.
2. Click "Connected Apps."
3. Click the "Pipedrive" app.
4. Click the "Disconnect" button.
5. A confirmation dialog box will appear. Click the "Disconnect" button.
Your Pipedrive account will be disconnected from ActiveCampaign. A confirmation message will appear at the top of the Pipedrive app page.
What to do if the First and Last name fields are not required when mapping to Pipedrive
Older Pipedrive accounts may not have the First Name and Last Name Fields in their list of default fields. To check this:
- Click on your account name in the top right of the Pipedrive interface.
- Click "Settings" in the drop-down menu.
- Click "Data Field" on the left. This will be under the "Company" setting.
- Click the "Person" tab.
- Check to see if the fields "First Name" and "Last Name" are listed in "Default Fields" or "Custom Fields" list.
If you do not see these fields, you will need to manually add the First and Last Name fields as "Text" fields following these instructions from Pipedrive.