Conversations is no longer available for purchase to new customers as of January 3, 2023.
With ActiveCampaign Conversations, you can manually assign incoming chats and messages to your agents. Doing so will clarify conversation ownership and avoid duplicate efforts across your team.
In this article you will learn how to assign incoming chats and messages to Conversations agents and filter your inbox by assignment status.
Assign a conversation to an agent
When a conversation arrives in the unified inbox, it will have an unassigned status and all agents will receive a notification.
There are two ways in which a conversation can be assigned to an agent:
- Manual assignment from the unified inbox. Any agent can assign a conversation to another agent
- The first agent to respond to an unassigned conversation will assume ownership
Once a conversation is assigned to an agent, a status message will appear in the conversation thread. Only Conversations agents will see this status message in the inbox.
This status message will tell you who assigned the conversation, who the conversation was assigned to, and the day, date, and time the conversation was assigned.
To manually assign a conversation to an agent:
1. Click the new message from the left pane to open it.
2. Click the "Agent" dropdown and click the agent you wish to assign the conversation to.
The agent will be notified of the assignment and the conversation will have an assigned status.
Reassign a conversation to an agent
You can reassign any conversation that you own to another agent.
Once a conversation is reassigned to an agent, a status message will appear in the conversation thread. Only Conversations agents will see this status message in the inbox.
This status message will tell you who reassigned the conversation, who the conversation was reassigned to, and the day, date, and time the conversation was reassigned.
To reassign a conversation to another agent:
1. From the Conversations inbox, click the "Agent" dropdown on the top right.
2. Click the agent you wish to reassign the conversation to.
The agent will be notified of the assignment.
Note that you can also "unassign" the conversation by clicking "Unassigned" in the dropdown. If this is selected, all agents will be notified that there is an unassigned conversation in the inbox.
Filter conversations by assignment
You can filter messages in the left pane by conversations assigned to you, unassigned conversations, or conversations assigned to other agents.
To do so:
1. From the Conversations inbox, click the "Assignment" filter above the left pane.
2. A modal window will appear, click each option you wish to filter by. You can choose unassigned, a specific agent, or a group of agents.
3. Click the "Apply" button.
The filter will be applied and show you only conversations that fit the requirements you set.
Agent assignment FAQs
How do assignment notifications work?
Agents will be notified when:
- An incoming message appears in the inbox. These messages will have an "Unassigned" status by default
- When a conversation is assigned or reassigned to them
- When a previously assigned conversation is marked as "Unassigned"
In order to receive these notifications, the agent will need to have desktop or audio notifications enabled within their settings.
Can any agent contribute to a conversation?
Yes any agent can contribute to a conversation, even if they aren't assigned to it.
Will the conversation remain assigned when it's marked as complete?
Conversations marked as complete will have an unassigned status. All agents will be notified if a visitor reopens the conversation.