Learn how to add Google Analytics tracking code to your ActiveCampaign landing page.
Available on Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
You can add your Google Analytics tracking ID (Global Site Tag) to each landing page you create with ActiveCampaign. Doing so will let you see what pages visitors are landing on and when they leave.
- Google Analytics code must be added to each page you wish to track. It is not possible to add this code to all pages at one time
- Once you add Google Analytics to your ActiveCampaign page, your Google Analytics account will collect data on visitors to your page. Your page must be published in order to track this data
- You must have analytics set up with Google and retrieve the tracking ID
- Google Analytics is provided by Google. It is not a product of ActiveCampaign. If you need assistance with setting up Google Analytics, please see this "Getting started with Analytics" article from Google
Add Google Analytics to your page
The Google Analytics tracking ID needs to be added to the <head> field located in the "Custom Code" tab of your page's settings.
To add your Google Analytics tracking ID to your page:
- Click "Website" > "Pages" to navigate to your Pages dashboard.
- Locate the landing page you want to work with and click the down caret next to the "Edit Design" button. Note that you may need to scroll to the right to see this option.
- Click the "View pages settings" option.
Click the "Custom Code" tab.
- The "Custom Code" section contains the following two fields: <head> and <body>. Type or paste the Google Analytics tracking code into the <head> field.
- Click the "Save" button when finished.
To see if Google Analytics is collecting data, you'll need to first publish your page then visit the page URL. The "REAL-TIME" page in your Google Analytics account should show that a visitor is viewing the page.