You can add and update leads from ActiveCampaign to Zendesk Sell with an automation action.
In this article:
- This integration requires a Zendesk Sell account and access to automations in ActiveCampaign
- You can connect more than one Zendesk Sell account to ActiveCampaign
- Only contact fields from ActiveCampaign can be synced to Zendesk Sell. This includes standard contact fields and custom contact fields
- Only contacts who reach the "Create and update leads in Zendesk Sell" action in your automation will be added/updated in Zendesk Sell
How the Zendesk Sell app works
The Zendesk Sell app uses the "Create and update leads in Zendesk Sell" automation action to sync contact information from ActiveCampaign to Zendesk Sell. Once you add this action to your automation, a prompt will walk you through the following connection and configuration steps:
- Connect to a Zendesk Sell account
- Apply tags from Zendesk Sell to your leads
- Map ActiveCampaign contact fields with fields in your Zendesk Sell account
As contacts pass-through this action in your automation, mapped data will sync to Zendesk Sell in real-time.
Add and configure the "Create and update leads in Zendesk Sell" action in your automation
1. From your automation, click "CX Apps" in the right menu.
2. Click the "Create and update leads in Zendesk Sell" action and drag it to your automation.
3. A dialog box will open. Click the "Connect" button.
4. On the next screen, click the "Authorize" button. This will give your ActiveCampaign permission to access to data in your Zendesk Sell account.
5. You will be directed back to your ActiveCampaign account. The dialog box will show an "Account Connected!" message. Click the "Continue" button.
6. Click the "Tags" dropdown to apply one or more tags from Zendesk Sell to the Lead being created through this automation action. This step is optional. When finished, click the "Continue" button.
7. For the next step, you'll need to map contact fields in your ActiveCampaign account to fields in Zendesk Sell. Note that you are required to map the last name and email fields in Zendesk Sell.
You can map additional fields such as First Name, Phone Number, and any custom contact field. To do so, click "Add Field Mapping" then click the dropdowns to map the additional fields.
Once you're done mapping fields, click the "Finish" button.
The action will be added to your automation in ActiveCampaign.
In addition, Zendesk Sell will appear on the "Connected Apps" in your ActiveCampaign account.
Disconnect your Zendesk Sell account from ActiveCampaign
You can disconnect your Zendesk Sell account from ActiveCampaign. Once disconnected, you will no longer be able to sync contact information from ActiveCampaign to Zendesk. No information will be lost in Zendesk Sell once the account is disconnected.
1. Click "Apps" in the left menu.
2. Click "Connected Apps."
3. Click the "Zendesk Sell" app.
4. Click the "Disconnect" button.
5. A confirmation dialog box will appear. Click the "Disconnect" button.
Your Zendesk Sell account will be disconnected from ActiveCampaign. A confirmation message will appear at the top of the Zendesk Sell app page.