With the ActiveCampaign mobile app, you can use WhatsApp to send SMS messages to your contacts and leads.
This feature does not support Android devices.
How WhatsApp works with the ActiveCampaign mobile app
You can make WhatsApp your default mobile messaging app to send SMS messages to contacts and leads in your ActiveCampaign account.
You must have the contact's or lead's mobile number stored in the default phone field in your ActiveCampaign account in order to use this option.
All SMS conversations will take place and be tracked in your WhatsApp account. They will not be stored in your ActiveCampaign account.
WhatsApp iOS instructions
This option works with iOS 14.0 and above.
To use WhatsApp on your iOS device:
- From your mobile device, download WhatsApp Messenger and log into the app.
- Open the ActiveCampaign mobile app.
- From the ActiveCampaign app, tap "Contacts" and search for a contact you would like to send an SMS message to.
- Tap the contact to open their profile record.
- Tap the chat bubble icon at the top of the screen.
- A modal window will open at the bottom of the screen and will ask you you select Messages or WhatsApp as your default SMS app. Tap the "WhatsApp" option.
- The screen will switch from your ActiveCampaign account to WhatsApp. Type the message into the field provided and send it to the contact.
Note that you can also set WhatsApp as the default messaging app by going to the Settings tab.