Create a report that highlights the performance of your campaigns in ActiveCampaign.
This recipe article demonstrates how to create a custom report that shows you campaign engagement metrics over time. The report includes the ability to set filters for a specific associated automation name, campaign name, or time frame.
- Custom reports are available on the Enterprise plan
- All email opens from Apple Mail clients will be reflected in these metrics. This includes contacts who use the Apple Mail app with iOS 15 with Mail Privacy Protection (MPP) enabled on their device. To learn more, visit ActiveCampaign and Apple iOS 15 Mail Privacy Protection
- 3 Filters
- Associated automation name
- Campaign name
- Campaign event date
- 1 Dimension
- Campaign event month
- 3 Measures
- Campaign total sends
- Campaign total opens
- Campaign total clicks
Access Custom Reports
The custom reporting tool is located in the Reports section of your account. To access the reporting tool:
1. Click "Reports" on the left menu of your account.
2. Click "Custom Reports” in the "Reports" menu.
Build the Look
Create the three filters and dimension:
1. Click the “Campaign” view to surface the nested dimensions and measures. This is located on the left pane.
2. Hover over the “Associated Automation Name” dimension then click the “Filter” button that appears.
3. Hover over the “Campaign Name” dimension then click the “Filter” button that appears.
4. Click the "Event Date" dimension to expand the menu of date options.
5. Hover over the "Date" option then click the "Filter" button that appears.
6. Click the "Month" option to bring the dimension into the report.
This is what the report should look like so far:
Create the measures:
1. Click the “Total Sends” measure to bring it into the report. This is nested under the "Campaign" view on the left pane.
2. Click the “Total Opens” measure to bring it into the report.
3. Click the “Total Clicks” measure to bring it into the report.
4. Use the Filter section of the Explore located at the top center bar to select the desired “Associated Automation Name” or “Campaign Name” or “Event Date” parameter.
5. Click the "Visualization" section to expand it. Then click the “Line” chart icon in the visualization section of the Explore.
6. Click “Run” to retrieve the data. This button is located on the top right of the report.