Conversations is available on all plans levels and can be purchased as an add-on to your account.
With Conversations, you can make live chat available on your website during specific business hours or when an agent is online. Doing so makes it easy to see which agents are online and helps set customer expectations around response time.
In this article:
Access live chat availability settings for Conversations
The chat availability setting is located on the Conversations Settings page.
- Click Settings in the left menu.
- Click the Conversations option in the left menu.
- Click the Channels tab.
The Conversations channel page will load and display web chat, messenger, and email channels.
How to make live chat available when an agent is online
With this option, the chat bubble will appear on your website if an agent has marked themselves as "available" within the Conversations unified box. If an agent has marked themselves as "away," the chat widget will not appear on your website.
To use this option:
- Click the "only when an agent is online" option under Display Rules.
- Click the "Save" button to save the setting.
- Optional: Click the "display the web chat widget with an offline indicator" box. If this option is selected, the chat widget will appear on your website if an agent has marked themselves as "away" and the chat widget will have an offline indicator.
How to make live chat available during business hours
You can set up your web chat widget to operate only during your preferred business hours. Using business hours to set response parameters for your web chat can help your agents prioritize and respond to messages efficiently. It also creates a better experience for contacts or prospects by noting defined times that they can reach you for help.
To set your business hours:
- Click the menu option "Set your business hours" under Display Rules.
- Use the drop down menu to select the time zone you'd like your business hours to reflect.
- Use the drop down menus to select the day and time periods you prefer your web chat to be live.
- Click the "Save" button.
You can choose to show or not show your chat widget on your website outside of business hours. If you would like the chat widget to stay visible outside of your business hours, you can check the bottom box option under the Display Rules options to show your widget as offline. To hide the chat widget outside of business hours, uncheck the bottom box option.