Caller ID for the ActiveCampaign mobile app lets you see which specific customer or prospect is calling you.
In this article:
- Caller ID is available with the ActiveCampaign mobile app
- This version of Caller ID works with iOS 14.0 or higher
- Caller ID will only work for the most recent 1,000 contacts that are created or modified
Why use caller ID for mobile?
When you know who's calling you, it's easier to make the conversation a productive one. By tying incoming calls to contacts in ActiveCampaign and displaying the caller’s name, it eliminates excessive voicemails and helps you better prepare for your calls.
How to set up ActiveCampaign caller ID for your mobile device
To see a contact display name during an incoming call, you need to set up ActiveCampaign caller ID in the ActiveCampaign mobile app settings.
To set up caller ID for mobile:
- Tap "Settings" on your mobile device.
- Tap "Phone."
- Tap "Call Blocking and Identification."
- Tap the ActiveCampaign toggle to "On."
- Check that the status of caller ID at the top changes from "Not Enabled" to "Enabled."
Once enabled, the app will download all or a section of your contact list (depending on the number of contacts). Each subsequent time the ActiveCampaign mobile app launches, it will check for new contacts and enable caller ID for them. When a contact calls, their name will appear in the caller notification box with their phone number.
Note: The mobile app will only check for new contacts until it hits the 1,000 contact limit.
How to test the caller ID setting
Once you set up caller ID for the ActiveCampaign mobile app, you can test this setting with a test contact from your ActiveCampaign account. To do so, you'll need to make sure that the test contact is someone from your team and has a phone number in the standard phone number field.
- Follow the instructions above to set up caller ID for the ActiveCampaign mobile app.
- Have the test contact from your ActiveCampaign account call you to check that the ID name appears with the phone number.