Identify your customers' experiences with sentiment analysis for deal emails.
Available on the following plans:
With ActiveCampaign, you can use sentiment analysis to determine if an incoming deal email from a customer is positive, negative, or neutral.
In this article:
- Any account user can turn sentiment analysis "On" or "Off" for their deal emails
- In order for sentiment analysis to work for incoming emails:
- Your email account must be connected to the CRM
- The email has to come from a primary contact on an open deal
- Sentiment analysis will only appear in your ActiveCampaign account
What is sentiment analysis?
Sentiment analysis uses machine learning to determine if a piece of writing is positive, negative, or neutral. With ActiveCampaign, you can leverage sentiment analysis to quickly understand the impact of your interactions with customers, trigger automations if a sentiment changes, and segment your contacts.
How sentiment analysis works
Sentiment analysis can be turned on for each email account you have connected to the CRM.
When you turn on sentiment analysis, deal emails for the connected email account moving forward will have a sentiment attached to them.
Sentiments can appear as positive (happy face), negative (sad face), neutral (neutral face), or mixed (surprise face).
Sentiments will also appear in the following areas of your account:
- Deal page
The deal page will show the primary contact's most recent sentiment.
- Contact profile page
A sentiment will appear on the contact record page for the primary contact on a deal.
The sentiment is determined in real-time. If you don't agree with the sentiment we provided on a deal email, you will have the chance to let us know. Whenever you agree or disagree with a sentiment assignment, that data gets sent back to us and helps us to better analyze and assign sentiments.
How to turn on sentiment analysis
To turn sentiment analysis on for a connected email account:
1. Click "Settings" (gear icon) on the left menu.
2. Click "Deals" on the Settings menu.
3. Choose the email account you want to use with sentiment analysis.
4. Click the "Sentiment Analysis" dropdown and click the "Allow" option.
Turn off sentiment analysis
To turn off sentiment analysis, follow steps 1-4 above and click the "Do not allow" option instead.
Provide your feedback on a sentiment
You can let us know if you agree or disagree with any sentiment we've assigned to a deal email. This can be done from the primary contact's record page or the deal record page. Agreeing or disagreeing with a sentiment informs our machine learning model so we can better analyze and assign sentiments to deal emails.
1. Locate the "Emails" section on a contact or deal record. This will be toward the bottom of the page.
2. Locate the sentiment you wish to update.
3. Click the sentiment.
4. A modal window will appear. If you agree with the rating, click the thumbs up image. If you disagree, click the thumbs down image.