Web Personalization is available on the following plans:
With ActiveCampaign's Web Personalization feature, you can use prioritization to determine which experience will appear if contacts qualify to see more than one published experience when they visit your page. Doing so ensures that the right message will be delivered at the right time to your contacts.
In this article, you'll learn how to prioritize experiences:
How prioritization works
Depending on your plan, you can create up to 5 or more experiences for a domain and then prioritize which one will appear for contacts should they meet the requirements to see more than one published experience on your page. This is done by dragging and dropping the order of experiences on the Web Personalization overview page.
When a contact visits your page and qualifies for more than one of your published experiences, they will see the experience you placed at the top of the priority list. The contact will then see the same published experience on subsequent visits to your page.
Using the image below as an example, if a contact has both the FORMTEST tag and the Chicago tag, they will see the "Personalized Form" experience, which listed at the top. If a contact has only the Chicago tag, they will see the "New To Chicago Offer" experience instead.
As a reminder, segments are used to determine which contacts will see an experience. Segments for experiences are created using tags or contact fields. Please see this "How to create an Experience" help article for more information.
How to prioritize experiences
To prioritize Web Personalization experiences:
1. Click "Site" in the left menu.
2. Click the "Web Personalization" option on the Site menu.
3. The Web Personalization overview page will open. Experiences you created will be grouped by domain. Click the caret for the domain you want to prioritize experiences for.
- The domain container will expand and list all experiences
- The most recent experience for that domain is at the bottom
- The priority of the experience is displayed as a number to the left of the experience name
4. Click the 8-dot handle to move the experience up or down.
5. Click the "Save Changes" button.
If a visitor qualifies for more than one published experience, they will see whatever experience is higher on the list.