You can update your multi-factor authentication (MFA) preferences at any time. For example, you can change the phone number that should receive verification codes or the method by which you want to receive your MFA codes.
To change either option, you need to turn MFA off, then reactivate it. To do so:
- Click Settings > Security to reach the Security page in your account.
- Under "Multi-Factor Authentication," click the toggle to set it to the "Off" position.
- A modal window will appear. Enter your account password into the field provided, then click the "Disable" button.
- Click the MFA toggle to set it to the "On" position.
- A modal window will appear. Choose the method in which you would like to receive your verification code. For example, if you used the "App" option before, you can switch it to SMS, and vice versa.
- If you choose the "App" option, follow the instructions in the modal to complete the MFA setup.
- If you chose the "SMS" option, provide the phone number that should receive future verification codes. If you were using the "SMS" option before, you can take this opportunity to update the phone number that receives these codes. Follow the remaining instructions in the modal to complete the MFA setup.