With ActiveCampaign, you can add a cookie banner to your landing page. Adding this cookie banner to your landing page will let page visitors opt-in to the use of website cookies and help you be compliant with the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive .
Legal Disclaimer: The information in this article does not constitute legal advice. This is for informational purposes only, and we strongly encourage you to seek independent legal counsel to understand how your organization needs to comply with the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive (including any country-specific requirements).
In this article:
About cookie banners for landing pages
Each landing page you create with ActiveCampaign has two types of cookies:
Essential cookies are necessary for your landing page to function. These cookies provide essential website services to the landing page visitor. They are exempt from the EU opt-in requirements.
Non-essential cookies are anything else outside of the definition of essential cookies. For example, they may include:
- Performance and analytics cookies (that analyze visitor behavior and improve website services)
- Functionality cookies (that provide a more personalized and functional user experience)
- Targeting and advertising cookies
Existing and emerging laws require businesses to:
- Provide page visitors with clear and comprehensive website cookie use notices; and
- Obtain specific and informed consent from page visitors before placing non-essential cookies on your landing page
You can notify and receive consent from page visitors by placing a cookie banner on each of your landing pages. Adding this cookie banner to your landing page(s) can help you be compliant with the GDPR and the ePrivacy Directive.
This cookie banner uses a layered notice approach. In other words, you should link this cookie banner to your comprehensive cookie use policy to provide page visitors with adequate details about your cookie use practices and enable informed consent.