This recipe article demonstrates how to create a custom report that shows your store performance metrics.
Use this recipe to identify insights on how each store is performing based on order volume and revenue with the ability to segment by date, campaign, automation, product, and more.
Custom reports are available on the Enterprise plan.
You will need the following to create a Store Performance report:
- 5 Filters:
- Order Created Date
- Automation Name
- Campaign Name
- Product Name
- Store Name
- 1 Dimension:
- Store Name
- 2 Measures:
- Total Orders
- Total Revenue
Access Custom Reports
The custom reporting tool is in the Reports section of your account. To access the reporting tool:
- Click "Reports" on the left menu of your account.
- Click "Custom Reports" in the "Reports" menu.
Build the Report
To build the report, you must create 7 filters, 1 dimension, and 2 measures. As you create these items, you'll see them added to your report.
Create the filters
Add each filter in the order listed below. Each filter is located in the "eCommerce" view.
- Click the "eCommerce" view.
- Click "Order Created Date."
- A list of options will expand. Hover your mouse over the filter you would like to use, then click the filter icon that appears. For this article, we're going to use the "Date" filter.
- Hover your mouse over "Automation Name" then click the filter icon that appears.
- Hover your mouse over "Campaign Name" then click the filter icon that appears.
- Hover your mouse over the "Product Name" then click the filter icon that appears.
- Hover your mouse over "Store Name" then click the filter icon that appears.
- Next, you'll need to set operators and values for the filters. To do so, click the dropdown for each filter to specify an operator. Then click the value field. A list of options will appear. Click the value option you would like to use for your filters.
Create the dimension
This dimension is located in the "eCommerce" view. To add this dimension click "Store Name."
Create the measures
Add each measure in the order listed below. These measures are located in the "eCommerce" view.
- Scroll down until you see the "Measures" section in the eCommerce view.
- Click the "Total Orders" option.
- Click the "Total Revenue" option.
Run the report
Now that you added the filters, dimension, and measure needed, it's time to run the report to pull data into it.
- Go to the "Visualization" portion of the report builder.
- Click the "Table" chart icon.
- Click the "Run" button located on the top right of the report.
The system will retrieve the data and display it on the report. Note that this may take a few moments.
Save and share the report
After running the report, you can save it to reference it later and share it with your colleagues. To do so:
- Click the gear icon located on the top right of the report. You'll see it next to the "Run" button.
- Click the "Save as a Look" option.
- Type a Title for the Look.
- Optional: Type a description of the Look for additional context.
- Click the "Save & View Look" option.