Available on the Enterprise plan.
This recipe article demonstrates how to create a custom report that shows you product performance metrics.
Use this recipe to identify insights based on abandoned cart volume over time with the ability to segment by campaign, automation, contacts, and more.
You will need the following to create an Abandoned Cart Trend report:
- 6 Filters
- Abandoned Cart Date
- Automation Name
- Campaign Name
- Contact Email
- Product Name
- Store Name
- 1 Dimension
- Abandoned Cart Date
- 1 Measure
- Total Abandoned Orders
Access Custom Reports
The custom reporting tool is located in the Reports section of your account. To access the reporting tool:
- Click "Reports" on the left menu of your account.
- Click "Custom Reports” in the "Reports" menu.
Build the Report
To build the look, you must create 6 filters, 1 dimension, and 1 measure. As you create these items you’ll see them added to your report.
Create the filters
Add each filter in the order listed below. Each filter is located in the “eCommerce" view.
- Click the “eCommerce” view.
- Click “Abandoned Cart Date.”
- A list of options will expand. Hover your mouse over the filter you would like to use, then click the filter icon that appears. For the purposes of this article, we’re going to use the “Date” filter.
- Hover your mouse over “Automation Name” then click the filter icon that appears.
- Hover your mouse over “Campaign Name” then click the filter icon that appears.
- Hover your mouse over “Contact Email” then click the filter icon that appears.
- Hover your mouse over “Product Name” then click the filter icon that appears.
- Hover your mouse over “Store Name” then click the filter icon that appears.
- Once the filters are added to your report, you’ll need to set operators and values for them. To do so, click the dropdown for each filter to set an operator. Then click the value field. A list of options will appear. Click the value option you would like to use for your filters.
Create the dimension
The dimension is located in the “eCommerce” view. To add this dimension click “Abandoned Cart Date” to expand a list of options. Click the dimension you wish to use. To continue with our example, we’re going to choose “Date.”
Create the measure
The measure needed for the report is located in the “eCommerce” view. To add this measure:
- Scroll down until you see the “Measures” section in the eCommerce view.
- Click the “Total Abandoned Orders” option to add it to your report.
Run the report
Now that you added the filters, dimension, and measure needed, it’s time to run the report to pull data into it. This is done in the “Visualization” section.
- Click the “Table” chart icon.
- Click the “Run” button. This button is located on the top right of the report.
The system will retrieve the data and display it on the report. Note that this may take a few moments.
Save and share the report
After you run the report, you can save the report to reference it later and share it with your colleagues.
To do so:
- Click the gear icon located on the top right of the report. You’ll see it next to the “Run” button.
- Click the “Save as a Look” option.
- Type a title for the Look.
- Optional: Type a description of the Look for additional context.
- Click the “Save & View Look” option.