Pages is available on the following plans:
With ActiveCampaign Landing Pages, you can create a home page (or index page) at the root of your domain. Creating this page at the root domain allows you to build an entire website with our Landing Pages feature and verify your domain on Facebook.
- This solution will prevent error messages from appearing if a page visitor goes to your root domain
- Any homepage or index page you create will need to be named "index" in your ActiveCampaign account
- If you change the name of the page from "index," that page will no longer serve as the root domain
- Unlike other landing pages you create, this page will not have a page slug
Create an index page or home page at the root domain
From your ActiveCampaign account:
1. Click "Site" located on the left menu.
2. The Pages area of your account will load. Click the "Add new page" button.
3. The templates page will load. Hover your mouse over the template you wish to use and click the "Use This Template" button.
4. The template will load in the page builder, and a "Rename Page" modal will appear. Type the name
index into the field provided, then click the "Save" button.
5. Customize your home page with content and page blocks. For more information on this process, visit "Customize your landing page's design."
6. When finished, click the "Publish Page" button.
7. A modal window will appear. Make sure the correct domain is selected and that the URL states "index."
8. Click the "Publish" button.
You now have a home page at your root domain.
To test this:
1. Click the elipses next to the page name.
2. Click the "Get URL" option.
3. Copy the URL provided and paste it into a new tab or window.
4. Remove "/index" from the end of the URL and refresh the page.
Verify your domain on Facebook
Once you have an index or home page on your root domain, you can verify it in Facebook Business Manager. This is done by creating a meta tag in your Facebook Business Manager account and adding it to your home page's settings.
From your Facebook Business Manager account, take the following domain verification steps:
1. In a separate tab or window, navigate to Business settings.
2. Locate "Domains" in the left side navigation.
3. Click the "Add" button to add your new index page.
4. A modal window will appear. Type or paste your root domain into the field provided. You do not need to add "index" here.
5. Click the "Add" button.
6. Follow the steps in Facebook to create the meta tag for your index page.
7. Return to the settings section of your landing page in your ActiveCampaign account. (Go to Site > Pages > Hover over the landing page > Click "View page settings.")
8. Paste the meta tag into the
9. Click the "Save" button.
10. Return to your Facebook account and click "Verify the domain." If successful, a confirmation modal will appear.
Follow these steps for each domain you want to verify. If you remove the meta tags from your page, you may lose Facebook validation for that domain.