As of June 1st, 2021, this integration is available on:
- All Salesforce plan tiers
- Professional and Enterprise ActiveCampaign plan tiers
You can use automation actions in ActiveCampaign to add new leads and contacts to your Salesforce account.
In this article:
- You must have the Salesforce integration configured to use these automation actions
- Only leads and contacts who reach these actions in your automations will be synced to Salesforce
- Plus, Professional, and Enterprise ActiveCampaign plans: there isn't a specific automation action for "Create an account in Salesforce." That's because Account field data will sync to Salesforce if the contacts and leads you're syncing are associated with an account
How the automation actions work
Contacts and leads are added to Salesforce through the "Create a contact in Salesforce" and the "Create a new lead in Salesforce" automation actions:
Once a contact in ActiveCampaign reaches either action in your automation, they:
- Will have tags added to their profile record in ActiveCampaign:
If synced as a lead:
If synced as a contact:
- If synced as a lead:
- Will be queued to sync to Salesforce
- Will be added to Salesforce as soon as the next scheduled sync runs
Once contacts and leads are added to Salesforce, they are considered "synced."
Lead profiles in Salesforce will include their ActiveCampaign sync status, ActiveCampaign ID, the 20 most recent marketing activities and/or the CXA component.
Contact profiles in Salesforce will include their ActiveCampaign sync status, ActiveCampaign ID, and the CXA component.
In order to view this information in Salesforce, you need to add ActiveCampaign components and fields to page layouts in Salesforce. Visit How to add ActiveCampaign components and fields to Salesforce for more information on this topic.
In addition, any updates made to records in ActiveCampaign will be sent to Salesforce when the next sync runs. Any updates made to records in Salesforce will be sent to ActiveCampaign when the next sync runs.
Visit How Syncing Works for more information on this topic.
Existing leads and contacts in Salesforce that are synced to ActiveCampaign then pushed back to Salesforce through either the "Create a Contact in Salesforce" or "Create a Lead in Salesforce" automation action will not convert.
For example, if you synced a lead from Salesforce to ActiveCampaign, then had that lead pushed back to Salesforce through the "Create a Contact in Salesforce" automation action, a new contact record will be created for them in Salesforce. Their lead record in Salesforce will not be updated.
Create a contact or lead in Salesforce using automation
To add leads and contacts to Salesforce using ActiveCampaign automation:
1. Click "Automation" on the left menu in your ActiveCampaign account.
2. Click the "Edit" button for the automation you want to add the Salesforce action to.
3. Click the "Salesforce" tab in the right menu of the automation builder.
4. Drag either Salesforce action to your automation.
5. A modal will open. It will display your Salesforce account in the dropdown. Click the "Save" button.
The action is now added to your automation. This will only apply to contacts who reach that step in your automation from this point forward.