You can add custom object fields to your inline forms if you created custom objects using either our open API or the “Manage Data” page in your ActiveCampaign account. Doing so lets you collect data for your custom objects and displays that information on contact records.
- You need to create a custom object schema with the ActiveCampaign API or the “Manage Data” page in your account to use this option
- If a custom object schema is deleted, you will not be able to use the related fields in forms to collect information from contacts. To avoid submission errors with existing forms, we recommend updating your form to remove these fields
- This option only works with inline forms
How to use custom objects with forms
- Create a custom object template or schema.
- In your ActiveCampaign account, click Website to create or update a form.
- Select the form you want to edit or create a new form.
- The right sidebar of the form builder lists all fields that you can add to your form. This includes custom object fields for the schema you created in step 1.
- Drag the custom object field to the form builder. Note that you need to drag all required custom object fields to your form.
- Required fields are defined in the custom object schema.
- Once you finish creating the form, click the “Integrate” button.
- Use any of the integration options available to publish your form.