Available on Enterprise plans.
If you are an Account Admin, you can create a custom object template right from your ActiveCampaign account. Doing so means that you do not need to use our open API or work with a developer to create custom objects for your account.
- Any account user in the Admin group can create custom object templates using this method
- You can create custom object templates related to Contacts, Deals, and Accounts
- It is currently not possible to reorder custom object fields
- It is currently not possible to delete custom object fields
- We will generate a personalization tag for each custom object field you create. It is not possible to edit these personalization tags
Watch a video
Create a custom object template
- From your ActiveCampaign account, click “Settings” (gear icon).
- Click “Manage Data.” Note that Account Admins from any plan can see the “Manage Data” menu option.
- Click the “Add a Custom Object” button.
- A modal window will appear. Provide information for all required fields:
- “Object Name - Singular”
- “Object Name - Plural”
- “Related Object.” Note that only the “Contacts” option is available at this time
- Click the “Create Object” button.
We will redirect you to the page where you can view details and create fields for your new custom object template.
In addition, the object will appear on your account's Manage Data page. The “Object Type” will state “Custom,” and the “Object Source” will state “Private.”
Add fields to your custom object template
After creating a template, you are ready to add fields to it.
- From the Manage Data page in your ActiveCampaign account, click the name of the template you want to modify with new fields.
- Click the “Add Field” button. This button is on the “Fields” tab.
- A modal window will appear:
- Type the field name into the field provided
- Select the type of field you want to create. You can choose from “Text Input” or “Dropdown.” If you choose “Dropdown,” you need to provide answer options
- Click the “Add” button.
The new field will be added to your template. It will show the field name, field type, and the personalization tag we generate for you. You can tags to personalize your automation campaigns.
Now that you have a template with fields, you are ready to create custom object records.
Edit details for a custom object template
You can edit the following details for every template you create:
- Singular Object Name
- Plural Object Name
- Relationship Description
To get started:
- From the Manage Data page in your ActiveCampaign account, click the name of the template you want to edit.
- Click the “Details” tab.
- Hover your mouse over the item you want to edit.
- A pencil icon will appear. Click the pencil.
- Provide the updated information.
- Click the “Save Changes” button.