Learn how to use the "Add Contact to Salesforce Campaign" automation action.
- This automation action is available with the ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration
- This action only applies to contacts who were synced at least once with Salesforce
- Synced contacts who reach this action in your automations will be added to a Salesforce campaign
- Campaigns you want to use with this action must be marked as “Active” in Salesforce
- If adding this or any other action to an “Active” automation, set the automation to “Inactive” first. Once you’re done editing the automation, set it back to “Active” so contacts can continue to enter your automation and proceed through your workflow
Add a lead or contact to a Salesforce campaign
To add leads and contacts to Salesforce using ActiveCampaign automation,
- Go to the Automations section of your ActiveCampaign account.
- Edit or create a new automation.
- From the “Actions” menu on the right of the automation builder, click the “Salesforce” option.
- Drag the Salesforce action to your automation.
- A modal will open where you need to configure the following:
- Salesforce Account dropdown - select the Salesforce account you want to use with this action
- Salesforce Campaign dropdown - select the campaign you want to use with this action. You can only select one campaign per action block
- Set Member Status dropdown - Prescribe the member status for this action
- When finished configuring the block, click the “Save” button.
The action is now added to your automation.
How the automation action works
Leads and contacts are added to a Salesforce campaign through the "Add Contact to Salesforce campaign" automation action.
Once a contact in ActiveCampaign reaches this action in your automation, they are added to the specified Salesforce campaign as soon as the subsequent scheduled sync runs.
The “Add Lead or Contact to Salesforce Campaigns” action helps relieve the work of adding leads and contacts to Salesforce campaigns manually. Using this action, any ActiveCampaign activities that generate new business will be included in your Salesforce reports. This will help you make better business decisions, drive growth, and enhance your marketing strategy.