Once you delete a contact from your account, the action cannot be undone and we will not be able to recover them for you. It is also important to note that all accounts have a monthly delete limit. Once you reach that limit, you will not be able to delete any more contacts until your next billing period
How to delete a contact from the Contact Record
- Click Contacts on the left menu.
- Go to the profile page for that contact.
- Click the dropdown next to the "Send a Campaign" button at the top right.
- Select “Delete.”
Click “Delete” again to confirm this action. Click “Okay” to exit.
How to delete a contact or contacts from the Contacts Overview page
- Click Contacts on the left menu to get to the Contacts Overview page.
- Find the contact or contacts that you want to delete.
- Click the checkmark box next the contact or contacts you want to delete.
Click the Delete button that appears next to the "Edit" button once you click a checkmark box.
Click the checkmark box to agree to the statement. Note that once you delete a contact the action cannot be undone.
- Click "Delete."
If you want to remove a group of contacts, you can use our List Cleanup tool. Note that this feature is only available on ActiveCampaign accounts created before February 22, 2022.
To remove unengaged contacts from your account, we recommend using the Engagement Management tool.
This help article contains information to help you prepare for GDPR. See Article 17, Right to erasure.