You can send one-to-one emails (personal emails) to any contact on a deal. You may want to send a one-to-one email to a contact to set up a meeting or schedule a follow-up call.
This article covers how to send a one-to-one email to a contact manually and with an automation.
Send one-to-one emails with an automation action
Available on Professional and Enterprise plans.
You can use the "Send a 1:1 email" automation action to send outbound emails with your connected email account. This action also lets you send emails to prospective customers who have not opted in to your list. With this action, you can also:
- Set a CC and/or BCC (use a comma to separate multiple email addresses)
- Use contact, deal, and account personalization tags for the Subject Line and body of the email
- Use Bold, Italics, Underline, Hyperlinks, Bullets, and Numbered Lists in the body of the email
- Your sales team can use this action to nurture leads who have not opted in to your lists(s). We recommend that your ActiveCampaign plan has a contact limit to cover these leads once they opt-in to receive your emails
- This action works with Deal triggers only. For all other triggers, contacts will skip this action
- This action is located under both "CRM" and "Sending Options" in the automation builder
- You need to connect your email account to the Deals CRM in order to use this action. To learn how to set this up, visit Connect your email account to Deals
- If you previously connected your email account to the CRM, you’ll need to disconnect it then reconnect it in order to use this automation action
- These emails are sent through your connected email account using your own email client. They are not sent through ActiveCampaign or our email servers
- Sent emails will appear in the “Sent” email folder for your email client. We'll also show these emails on Deal and Contact records
How to send a one-to-one email with an automation action
- From your ActiveCampaign account, click the “Automations” tab on the left menu.
- Create or select the automation you want to use with this action.
- The automation builder will load. Click either the CRM section or the Sending Options section on the right sidebar to expand it.
- Drag the "Send a 1:1 email" action to your automation.
- A modal window will appear. Click the "From Email" field drop-down menu.
- Next, click the "From Email" option you would like to use. You can choose from one of the connected email accounts, or you can choose %deal_owner_email%.
If you choose %deal_owner_email%, then we'll use the preferred email address you set. This preferred email address is configured on the Settings > Deal page in your ActiveCampaign account.
- Finish creating your email then click the "Save" button.
Manually send a one-to-one contact on a deal
Available on Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
This method will show you how to manually send a one-to-one email to a contact on a Deal.
1. Click "Deals" to navigate to the Deals page.
2. Locate the deal containing the contact you wish to send an email to. You can use the search field to locate this deal.
3. Click the deal name to open the Deal Details page.
4. Click the email address of the contact you wish to send an email to.
5. The email composer will open.
- Type the subject line into the subject line field
- Type the message into the message field
Note that the "From" email address cannot be changed.
6. Style and format your message (optional).
- Use the bold, italics, and underline options to point out important information
- Hyperlink text by using the link icon
- Use the bullet options to create bulleted lists
7. Leverage saved responses in your emails (optional). To do so, click the Saved Response icon and click the saved response you wish to insert into your email.
8. Personalize the email to your contact (optional). Click the personalize option (lightning bolt) then click the attribute you wish to insert into your email. Note that you'll need to scroll down to see all attributes in this box.
Note that if any of the personalization tags appear in red, then the contact does not have a value for that field. If you try to send a personal email with a tag highlighted in red, you will be asked to add a value for that field before sending your message.
9. Add the contact to an automation (optional). You can add the contact to any active automation when the email is sent or when a reply to your message is received. To do so, click the "Automate this email" icon
A modal window will open. Click the automation dropdown and click the automation you wish to add the contact to. Then choose to add the contact to the email when you send the email or when they reply by clicking either option. Click the "Save" button when finished.
10. When finished creating the email, click the "Send" button to send it to your contact.