Use the ActiveCampaign plugin to connect Magento with your ActiveCampaign account. Doing so will let you add contacts to a list in ActiveCampaign when they register or update their profile in Magento.
- This is a one-way sync from Magento to ActiveCampaign
- The instructions below show you how to connect Magento with ActiveCampaign from the ActiveCampaign side. To view setup instructions from the Magento side, download this Magento2 ActiveCampaign User Guide
How it works
This integration uses the ActiveCampaign plugin available in the Magento Marketplace. To configure this connection, you will need to access the Magento integration from your ActiveCampaign account, then install the ActiveCampaign plugin. The instructions below will walk you through this process.
Data will sync from Magento to ActiveCampaign every time a contact registers or updates their profile in Magento. Once enabled, this integration will:
- Create and update contacts in ActiveCampaign
- Create and update customers in ActiveCampaign
- Create and update orders in ActiveCampaign
- Sync abandoned cart data to ActiveCampaign
As information syncs from Magento to ActiveCampaign, you can create abandoned cart automations and other workflows to help you cross-sell and upsell your products.
This integration triggers data to sync in the following ways:
- Real-time upon an event being triggered (i.e. a contact does something in Magento)
- Periodical. This pushes any data that wasn't synced using the method above. This sync runs either every 5 minutes or at a schedule you set. If you are setting the periodic sync, this is done as a cron job in the Magento Admin Configuration panel. Please see the two documents listed in the "Take Note" section above for more information on this topic
- Historical. This sync happens in the Magento plug in
ActiveCampaign features for Magento
More features with the ActiveCampaign+Magento integration include:
- Connecting your Magento store to ActiveCampaign to set up automation triggers for:
- abandoned carts to recapture lost revenue
- makes a purchase to thank customers for their patronage and expand revenue opportunities
- Setting up abandoned cart blocks in the campaign builder to target customers who havent made their purchase yet!
- Connecting multiple stores all under one ActiveCampaign account for your convenience.
- Syncing Magento Newsletter with ActiveCampaign contacts.
How to integrate Magento with ActiveCampaign
From your ActiveCampaign account:
1. Click "Settings" (gear icon).
2. Click the "Integrations" option in the Settings menu.
3. Click the "Add an integration" button.
4. A modal window will appear. Click the "Magento" option.
5. You will be redirected to the Magento Marketplace to install the ActiveCampaign plugin.
6. Once the plugin is installed, you will need to configure it. To do so, navigate to the configuration page in Magento. Once there:
- Log into your Admin panel
- Go to Menu > Stores > Settings > Configuration > ActiveCampaign > Configuration
7. Go back to your ActiveCampaign account and retrieve your API URL and Key. To learn how to get your ActiveCampaign API information, visit How to obtain your ActiveCampaign API URL and Key.
8. Paste your ActiveCampaign API URL and Key into the Magento plugin.
9. Save your changes in Magento.
The ActiveCampaign Magento plugin is now installed. You will see the connected Magento integration on the Settings > Integrations page in your ActiveCampaign account.