Reply Tracking lets you track replies to your automated campaigns. With this feature enabled, these replies can be found under the "Replies" section for any automation email report.
Just so you know, this article refers to automated campaigns. If you are looking for information on 1:1 email tracking, please see how to add and configure the "Send a 1:1 email automation action."
Turn on Reply Tracking
To enable reply tracking for automation emails, follow these steps:
- Click Automations on the left menu.
- Open the automation you want to edit.
- Hover your mouse over the automation email, then click “Edit.”
- Click "Next" located on the top right of your screen.
- Click the "Reply Tracking" toggle to set it to the On position.
- Click “OK” in the pop-up window to enable the Reply Tracking feature.
- Click “Finish.”
Replies from that moment on will be tracked.
Reply Tracking email address
When contacts click "Reply" to your email, an email address similar to the one below will be listed in the "To" field:
This email address is used for tracking purposes and cannot be changed.
If you use a "Reply To" email address, we will forward replies to that email address. If you are not using a "Reply To" email address, replies from contacts will be forwarded to your "From" email address.
Types of replies that are not forwarded to you
The following replies from contacts will not be forwarded:
- If it is found to be an “out of office” or “away” message
- If it is found to be spam
- If it is found to be a “my email has changed” type of email. We'll automatically update the subscriber’s email for you
- If it is found to be a human verification/challenge email
- If it is found to be an “unsubscribe me” type of email. We'll unsubscribe the contact for you