Available as an add-on for the following plans:
Marketing Plus, Professional and Enterprise
Sales Plus, Professional, and Enterprise
The Subscribe by SMS feature lets individuals subscribe to your email marketing list by texting a keyword to a phone number associated with your ActiveCampaign account. You can select a phone number to use when the feature is activated. This opt-in method does not use any SMS credits.
- ActiveCampaign accounts purchased or upgraded on or after January 3, 2023 must purchase the SMS Add-on to use SMS
- ActiveCampaign accounts purchased or upgraded before January 3, 2023:
- Plus and Professional plans receive 25 free SMS credits per month
- Enterprise plans receive 1,000 free SMS credits per month
- If you select a UK phone number, please note that only individuals with local UK numbers can successfully subscribe using this feature
How to Enable Subscribe by SMS
- Click Contacts > Lists on the left menu.
- Locate the list for which you want to use the "Subscribe by SMS" feature and click the down caret.
- Select “Subscribe by SMS” from the dropdown.
- In the phone number dropdown, select the phone number you wish to use. These numbers are listed by Country.
- Enter your Keyword in the Keyword field.
- Choose the default text we provide for your first response, subscribe confirmation, and email address problem messages, or type your own into the appropriate fields.
- Click the “Activate SMS Subscription” button.