Custom headers and footers are non-removable pieces of content you create and are applied to every outgoing campaign and automation email. These are mainly used for branding purposes and are visible to your contacts.
- Once a custom header or footer is added to your email, you can only remove it by going to the Settings > Appearance page in your account
- The custom header or footer will be added to all email campaigns and automation emails
- This custom header and footer will not appear in the email designer when creating or editing an email—it will only be visible in test and live sends
- This custom header and footer are separate and different from the default footer we include on your campaigns, automation emails, and email templates. To learn more about the default footer and how to replace it with your own, visit "How do I change the default footer in my emails?"
- The custom header and footer, once added to your account, will appear in addition to:
- The default footer we provide on your emails contains an unsubscribe link and your mailing address, or
- Your own footer (if using) that includes an unsubscribe link and your mailing address
How to create a custom header and footer
- Click "Settings" > "Appearance" on the left menu.
- Scroll down to "Email Headers and Footers."
- Click the "HTML Header" dropdown and select either HTML Header or Text header.
- Enter the header and footer information into the appropriate box.
- Click the “Save Settings” button at the bottom of the page.
All campaigns and automation emails from that moment on will include your custom header and/or footer.