You can update a contact’s name, email address, organization, custom field information, and more right from their contact profile page.
In this article, you will learn how to edit the information located on a contact's profile page.
Locate the contact
- Click “Contacts” from the top menu to navigate to the Contacts overview page
- Enter part or all of the contact’s name or email address you wish to update into the search field:
- Once the search results load, click on the contact’s name or avatar to go to their profile page.
How to add/edit a contact's name
- Click the name field to the right of the avatar placeholder.
If the contact does not have a name in the name field, their email address will be displayed here (as shown below):
- Enter the contact’s name into the name field that appears and click “Save”:
How to add/edit an organization
- Click the “Click to add an Organization” link that appears under your contact’s name.
- Click the organization dropdown.
- Click the name of the organization you wish to apply to your contact:
You can also add a new organization to your account by clicking “Add new organization” from the dropdown selection.
How to update custom field information for a contact
- To add a value to any custom field that appears in the contact info box, click the “Click to add” link, add the value, and click "Save":
You can also add a new custom field to your account from this page by clicking “Add Field”:
How to add a tag to a contact
- Type the tag directly into the “Enter tags” field.
- Hit either the comma or enter key on your keyboard to save the tag.
How to add a contact to an automation
- To manually add a contact to an automation, click the “Add” button next to “Automations”:
- Click the checkbox next to the automation you wish to add the contact to and click “OK.”
How to add a note to a contact
- To add a note to a contact, click “Add Note” in the task bar located at the bottom of your screen:
- Type your note and click the “Add” button:
How to send a one-to-one email to a contact
- To send a one-to-one email, click “Send email” in the task bar located at the bottom of your screen:
- Add a subject line and type your email content. When ready, click “Send.”
To read more about sending one-to-one emails to a contact, click here.
How to add a task to a contact
- To add a task to a contact, click “Add Task” in the task bar located at the bottom of your screen:
- Type your task description and select the type of task this will be, the date and time it will take place, and the duration. You can also set a reminder by clicking the bell icon:
Note: this option is only available for Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
How to add a deal to a contact
- To add a deal to your contact, click the Deals tab.
- Click “New Deal.”
Note: This option is only available for Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
How to manually unsubscribe a contact from a list
- To manually unsubscribe a contact from a list, click the list name:
- Click the status dropdown.
- Click the “Unsubscribed” option.