Available on Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
You can use the import tool to import open deals from a CSV file into your ActiveCampaign account. You may want to do this if you were using a different CRM previously, and wish to use ActiveCampagin's CRM feature.
In this article:
- Account admins have access to this feature. All other user groups must have permission to use this feature
- The import tool only works with CSV files
- The import file size limit is 100mb
- Pipelines, stages, and deal custom fields must be configured in ActiveCampaign before import
- Deal owners (ActiveCampaign account users) must be created in ActiveCampaign before import
- All deals will be imported into ActiveCampaign will have an "Open" status
- Deals that do not have a defined value will be given a default value of $100 upon import
Deal import CSV file requirements
Your CSV file will need to contain the following items:
Name must exactly match an existing pipeline in your ActiveCampaign account. Each pipeline should have a unique name.
Name must exactly match an existing stage in your ActiveCampaign account. Stages across different pipelines can have the same name.
Each deal must have a title in your file. If there is no deal title, an error will occur.
Deal owner (email address or ActiveCampaign username)
Each deal in your file must have a defined deal owner. A deal owner is an ActiveCampaign account user. You can use either the deal owner's ActiveCampagin account username or their email address.
Contact (email address or ActiveCampaign Contact ID) or Account (Name or ActiveCampaign Account ID)
Each deal in your file must be associated with either a contact or an account.
If using Contact:
Must use either a unique email address or an ActiveCampaign Contact ID in your file. The importer will search for exact matches of either email address or Contact ID. If an exact match is found for either, the contact in ActiveCampaign will be updated with information in your file. If there is no exact match for an email address, a new contact profile record will be created. If there is no exact match for a Contact ID, there will be an import error.
If using Account:
Must use either an Account name or ActiveCampaign Account ID in your file. The importer will search for exact matches of either Account name or Account ID. If an exact match is found for either, the Account in ActiveCampaign will be updated with information from your file. If there is no exact match for Account name, a new account will be created in ActiveCampaign. If there is no exact match for Account ID, there will be an import error.
- If using Contact:
- Make sure your field values do not contain any line breaks. This can cause the import to fail
Date fields must follow this format:
Multiple values for a field must have double quotes and be separated by a comma(s):
"Option 1, Option 2"
How to import deals into your ActiveCampaign account
1. Click "Deals" in the left menu.
2. Click the down caret next to the "Add a deal" button.
3. Click the "Import deals" option.
4. An "Import Deals" modal will appear. Click the "Select File" button.
5. Click the CSV file you wish to import. The file will upload to the importer.
6. Next, you'll need to map columns from your file to fields in ActiveCampaign. Note that we'll attempt to automap fields based on the headers contained in your file. The Field values column on the right will show you a preview of field values.
To map fields, click each ActiveCampaign field name dropdown to map it to a column in your file. You can only map one column to one field.
Note that if you do not map "Deal Value," the deal will have a default value of $100 upon import.
7. When finished, click the "Import" button.
The file will start to import into your ActiveCampaign account. You may close or navigate away from the page while the import runs.
View deal import results
The Import Status page will list all deal and account imports you performed in your account. Note that you need permission to import Deals or Accounts to access this page.
Each deal and account import will contain the following information:
- File name
- Import date
- Imported by (will list account username of individual who performed the import)
- Status of import (Complete or Failed)
- Type of import (Deal or Account)
- Number of rows that had errors
- Error file to download (available only if rows had errors)
To locate the Import Status page:
1. Click "Settings" in the left menu.
2. Click "Import Status."
View deal import errors
If there were any errors with your import, we'll display the number or rows in your file that had an error. We'll also supply a CSV file containing errors that you can download. You can use this download to learn more about which rows did not import and why. This information is located on the Import Status page of your ActiveCampaign account.
Error message in the file can include:
Account id not found
This error will appear if you mapped the Account ID and there wasn't an exact match in ActiveCampaign.
Contact id not found
This error will appear if you mapped the Contact ID and there wasn't an exact match in ActiveCampaign.
Deal id not found
This error will appear if you mapped the Deal ID and there wasn't an exact match in ActiveCampaign.
Deal Owner email not found
This error will appear if you mapped Deal Owner email and there wasn't an exact match in ActiveCampaign.
Deal Owner username not found
This error will appear if you mapped Deal Owner username and there wasn't an exact match in ActiveCampaign.
Deal title was not provided
This error will appear if your file did not contain a title for a deal.
Field 'email' not found
This error will appear if you mapped a contact's email address and the row did not contact an email.