Every business & sales process is unique. Learn how to setup a custom sales process that fits the needs of your business.
A pipeline is a defined set of stages for a sales process. You can create any number of pipelines. You may have one sales process for selling ads, another for selling a subscription service, and maybe another for following up with existing customers to try to upsell them.
To add a new pipeline:
- Go to Deals.
- Click on the pipeline dropdown.
- Click “Add Pipeline.”
You can edit a current pipeline to reflect a new name and change the default currency. You can also choose how to auto assign deals and set permissions for which users can access your pipeline.
To edit a current pipeline:
- Go to Deals.
- Select the pipeline you wish to edit.
- Click on the gear icon next to the pipeline name.
- Select “Options.”
- Make your edits in the modal pop up and click “Save.”
Stages represent the steps included in your pipeline (or sales process). In the Deals CRM, they are presented in columns and move from left to right. Any deal you create should start in the left column and can be dragged to other columns as it progresses. There is no limit to the number of stages that you can have in your pipeline.
To add a new stage to your pipeline:
- Go to Deals and select a pipeline.
- Click the “Add Stage” button.
- Enter the Stage Name and select a header background color.
- Click “Add Stage.”
Editing a stage and stage options
Using Stage Options, you can edit a current stage in your pipeline to reflect a new name, header color, card width, sort deals in your stage, and alter how the deal cards will appear.
To edit your stage:
- Click on the Gear Icon for the stage you wish to edit.
- Click “Edit Stage.”
- Make edits to your stage in the Stage Options modal and click “Save.”
A deal in a pipeline contains information pertaining to a potential sale or opportunity - it is where you develop your sales process and get your leads to take action. With your deal, you can have a primary contact and secondary contacts.
There are a few different ways you can add a deal and we'll walk you through each option.
To add a new deal from Deals interface:
- Click “New Deal.”
- In the modal pop up, enter in the deal information and add the contact information.
- If the contact does not yet exist, a contact record will be created.
To add a new deal from a Contact Profile page:
- Go to the Contacts overview page and click on the contact's name who you want to add a deal for.
- Click on the “Deals” tab.
- Click “New Deal.”
- In the modal pop up, enter in the deal information.
- Click “Add Deal.”
When viewing a deal, you will see all of the deal information, tasks, notes, personal emails on the left side of the screen. On the right side of the screen, you will see all recent activities pertaining to that specific deal.
A task is a to-do item for your deal. This can include lunch, a call, an email, or a meeting.
To add a task to your deal:
- Click on the deal.
- At the bottom of your screen, click “Add Task.”
- Enter in your task description (optional).
- Select task type from the task dropdown.
- Schedule the task date and time.
- Set length of time for the task.
You can also set an alert for your tasks. These alerts will be sent to you via email.
To set an alert for a task:
- Open the task you created.
- Click “Add Alert.”
- Select when you want to be alerted.
- Click “Save.”