This feature is available for Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans only.
You are able to use your own domain name so that instead of logging in at the default myaccount.activehosted.com URL, you can use something like newsletter.myowndomain.com or client1.myowndomain.com. Any links generated from your account will now reflect your domain alias.
Step 1: Set up a CNAME
In order to use a custom domain with ActiveCampaign, you will first need to set up a DNS record for a CNAME (or Canonical Name) with your domain registrar or hosting provider.
To illustrate, we will be using a Godaddy account to add a CNAME. The instructions below are specific to Godaddy and your own hosting provider may have a different set of instructions.
- Log into your Godaddy account.
- Click “Domains.”
- Click the “Manage DNS” link.
- Click Add and select CNAME from the dropdown list.
- Complete the fields listed:
- Name: the sub-domain of the site. Ex. if your site is yourdomain.com, you can type in newsletter under host to have the newsletter.yourdomain.com URL
- Value: type in your ActiveCampaign.com account. Ex. acdemo.activehosted.com
- TTL: Time to Live, you can put in 43200 (for seconds) or 12 (for hours)
6. Click "Save Zone File."
Step 2: Add the CNAME to your ActiveCampaign account
1. Log into your ActiveCampaign account.
2. Click "Settings" located on the bottom left corner of your screen.
3. From the left side menu, select “Domains.”
4. Type in the Domain Alias you created with your domain registrar or hosting provider.
5. Click “Save Settings."
You’re all set! Now, all you have to do is go to your Domain Alias URL to log in o your ActiveCampaign account.
Please note: It can take up to 48 hours for changes to take effect. If your CNAME does not work right away, it probably has not propagated yet.