In this article, we will discuss what an exclusion list is, why you may want to use one, and how to add contacts to it.
What is an exclusion list?
An exclusion list is a list of contacts that you wish to exclude from your campaigns and automation emails. Once a contact is on an exclusion list, they will no longer receive email messages from you. Contacts can be added to your exclusion list in bulk or one at a time.
You may want to use this feature if you are coming from a different provider and wish to maintain a list of “bad” addresses, including contacts who have unsubscribed, bounced, or issued a spam complaint. All of these contacts can be imported into your Exclusion list.
How to add contacts to your exclusion list in bulk:
- Go to Contacts and click Import on the top right of your screen
- Choose to either import your file or copy and paste your contacts
- Choose the lists you wish to exclude your contacts from on the Import page. If you want to exclude from all lists, you can skip this step
- Select Import As Excluded under Import Options
- Click the green “Import Now” button
To view your contacts on your exclusion list, click Contacts from the top menu and select “Manage Exclusions” from the dropdown menu on the top left.
How to add a single contact to your exclusion list:
- Click “Contacts” in the top menu
- Select “Manage Exclusions” from the dropdown menu on the top left
- Type in the email address of the contact you wish to exclude and select the list that this exclusion will apply to. Click “Add”
How to remove contacts from your exclusion list:
To remove one or more contacts from your exclusion list, select the contact(s) you wish to remove and click “Delete Selected.”
Click “OK” in the confirmation modal box.
Your contacts are now removed from the Exclusion List.