The Exclusion List is a list of email addresses that are prevented from receiving campaigns and automation emails from you.
These email addresses can be added to the exclusion list in a variety of ways:
An account user can manually add them.
You can add full email addresses or email addresses that begin with or end in a certain way. This method will not remove a contact's "Active" status, nor will it change their subscriptions in any way.
A contact clicked the %UNSUBSCRIBELINK%&ALL link in an email you sent
When a contact clicks this unsubscribe link, you will be able to view them on your Manage Exclusions page. In addition, the contact will have an Unsubscribed status for each list they are subscribed to.
A contact clicked the spam button in their inbox to mark your email as spam
In this case, the contact will be added to a backend exclusion list. This is hidden from your account for compliance reasons. A contact added to the exclusion list in this way will have an unsubscribed status for each list.
In this article, we'll discuss:
How to find the exclusion list
The exclusion list can be accessed from the Contacts Overview page. To view this list, click "Contacts" in the left side menu, then click "Manage Exclusions."
The Manage Exclusions page will load.
Here you can exclude:
A specific email address
This will exclude a single contact.
A partial email address (begins with or ends with)
This will exclude all contacts whose email address begins with or ends with the information you supplied.
In addition, you get to choose if the email address should be excluded from receiving emails sent to all lists, or a specific list(s).
How to add a single contact to your exclusion list:
In this section, we'll show you how to add an email address to the exclusion list, right from the Manage Exclusions page.
1. From the Manage Exclusions page, click the dropdown under "Exclude address that" and choose from exactly matches, begins with, or ends with:
2. Type the email address into the field provided.
3. Select if the exclusion should apply to all lists or one or more specific lists.
4. If you are choosing to exclude the email address from one or more lists, click each list you wish to exclude the email address from. This means that the contact whose email matches the information you supplied will not receive any emails sent to that specific list(s).
5. Click the "Add" button.
The email address will be listed on the Manage Exclusions page:
How to import multiple contacts into an exclusion list
In this section, we'll show you how to import a CSV file of email addresses into the exclusion list. This method will exclude all email addresses in your file from receiving emails sent to any list.
1. From the Contacts Overview page, click the "Import" button.
2. Click the "Import from File" button.
3. The file browser will open. Select the file you wish to import into the exclusion list.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the dropdown located in the Import Options box.
5. Click the "Import as Excluded" option.
6. Click "Import Now."
The email addresses in your file will be added to the Exclusion list:
How to remove contacts from your exclusion list:
The following email addresses can be removed from the Exclusion list by you:
- Email addresses you added
- Contacts who clicked the %UNSUBSCRIBELINK%&ALL link in an email you sent
To remove a single email address, click the "Delete" button:
To remove more than one email address from the exclusion list, click the checkbox next to each email address you wish to remove:
Then, click the "Delete Selected" button:
A confirmation modal will appear. Click "OK."
If a contact marked your email as SPAM by mistake and wishes to be added back to your list, please submit a ticket to our Support Team. Make sure to forward us the email message from your contact confirming that they wish to be added back to your list.