You can use the free "Webinar Reminder Series" automation recipe to create a webinar reminder automation. This recipe is located in the "Create an Automation" modal on the Automations Overview page. Once you add the recipe to your account, you can customize it to best fit your needs.
In this article:
- Add the "Webinar Reminder Series" automation to your account
- Add emails to the "Webinar Reminder Series" automation
- Edit the timing of your reminder emails
- This automation uses a "Subscribes to List" trigger and will send a reminder email 30 days, 2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day before, and day of the webinar date
- You can modify the trigger and timing of the reminder emails to whatever works best for you
- This automation will require you to have a custom date field that is populated with the webinar date
- You will need to create emails for each "Send Email" action in this workflow
Add the "Webinar Reminder Series" automation to your account
1. Click "Automations" in the left menu to navigate to the Automations Overview page.
2. Click the "Create an automation" button.
3. Type "webinar" into the search field.
4. Click "Webinar Reminder Series."
5. Click the "Continue" button.
6. The automation builder will load. A preview of the automation recipe will appear. Click the "Get Started" button in the "Automation Setup Wizard."
7. Follow the prompts from the Wizard to complete the setup of each Goal action in your automation. For each Goal action, you'll need to select your custom webinar date field.
Once you're finished with each prompt, you will be redirected to the Automation Builder where you can complete the setup of your automation.
Add emails to the "Webinar Reminder Series" automation
The "Webinar Reminder Series" automation contains five "Send Email" actions. You will need to create an email for each action.
1. Click the first "Send Email" action that appears in your automation.
2. A "Select email to send" modal will appear. Click the "Edit" button.
3. Hover your mouse over the email template you wish to use. Click the "Use this template" button that appears.
4. The "Sender Details" modal will open. Type the subject line of the email into the field provided and click the "Continue" button. Note that you can also update the Sender name and email address in this modal.
5. The Campaign Designer will open. Type your own copy into the text blocks and use the different content blocks to further customize your email. When finished click the "Next" button.
6. The "Campaign Summary" page will load. Here you can:
- Edit the subject line
- Add preheader text
- Update the "From" email address
- Update the name of the email
- Use a different physical mailing address
- Turn On/Off Opens, Link, Reply, Google Analytics tracking
- Send a test email
- Preview the email
- View Spam Check
7. Click the "Finish" button.
8. Follow steps 1-7 for the rest of the reminder emails in your automation.
9. When finished customizing your automation, click the "Active" button.
Adjust the timing of your automation emails
The timing of each "Send Email" action depends on both the "Goal" action and conditional wait steps that sits above it. If the schedule set in the Goal and/or wait does not best fit your needs, you can change them.
Change the date-based condition in a Goal
Changing thet date-based condition in a Goal will change the number of days a reminder email will send prior to the webinar date.
Note that the date-based condition uses a "Plus" and "Minus" option. “Plus” translates to “X amount of days BEFORE the date stored in your custom date field” while “minus” means “X amount of days AFTER the date stored in your custom date field.”
The number in this specific example is the number of days a contact(s) will wait in a Goal action before moving to the conditional wait (wait until 9 am), which is the next step in your automation. At 9 am, queued contacts will move to the send email action.
Read more about the plus/minus date-based wait conditions featured in these goal actions.
- Click the goal action you wish to update.
- Click the condition under "Jump to this action when goal conditions are met."
3. The "Goal Editor" modal will appear. Type a different number into the field on the far right.
4. Click the "Save" button.
Change the time of day that an email will send
1. Click the conditional wait you wish to update.
2. A "Wait until" modal will open. Click the condition in the modal.
3. The "Conditions Editor" will open. Click the third field in the Editor and click a different time.
4. When finished, click the "Save" button.