Available on Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans.
When a contact abandons their cart, you can send them a beautifully designed email that contains customized information about the product(s) they left in their cart and remind them to complete their purchase.
In this article, we'll show you how to add a "Send email" action to your automation and how to configure that email using the "Abandoned Cart" content block so that your message includes customized abandoned cart product information for your contacts.
- The Abandoned Cart content block is only available to use in automated campaigns
- Your automation must contain an "Abandons Cart" trigger
- You can only have one Abandoned Cart content block per automation email
This content block is part of our Abandoned Cart feature and can be used with the following deep data integrations:
- Information contained in the Abandoned Cart content block will only appear for contacts who have abandoned cart data at the time they encounter the "Send Email" action in your automation
How to add the "Abandoned Cart" content block to your automated email
- From your automation, click "Sending Options" on the right menu.
- Drag the "Send Email" action to your automation.
- Click "Create an email."
- Type the name of the email into the field provided and click "Create."
- Choose a template type.
- Hover your mouse over the template you would like to use then click "Select."
- Type the subject line into the subject line field and click the "Continue" button. Note that you can change the subject line later.
- Drag the "Abandoned Cart" content block to your email layout.
Once you add the "Abandoned Cart" content block to your email, the "Abandoned Cart Builder" will open. Here you can customize which information to show regarding the abandoned item(s) and limit the number of abandoned cart products to show in your email.
Abandoned Cart Builder: Customize tab
The first tab in the "Abandoned Cart Builder" is the Customize tab.
Here you can choose the layout of the product fields by clicking any of the dropdowns available, then clicking a different property to show:
You also have the option to make any of the properties listed on the Customize tab visible or hidden.
To make a property hidden for an abandoned product, click the visible icon:
The hidden property for the abandoned product will be greyed out:
To make it visible again, click the hidden item.
Abandoned Cart Builder: Preview tab
The Preview tab in the Abandoned Cart Builder will display the layout you configured in the customize tab. This will give you a general idea of how the abandoned items will appear in your email:
Abandoned Cart Builder: Settings tab
The settings tab in the Abandoned Cart Builder will allow you to customize the following in your abandoned cart email:
- Sort the order in which products in the abandoned cart will appear
- Display all products in the contact's abandoned cart
- Display up to a certain number of products in the contact's abandoned cart
The "Sort Products" dropdown will default to sort products by "Price: High to Low." However, you can use any of these sorting options instead:
- Recently added
- Price: Low to High
To change the sorting option, click the "Sort Products" dropdown and click the option you would like to use:
The Products Displayed section will default to have "Limit to 3 abandoned products" selected. However, you can change this number by typing a new number into the field provided:
Note: If a number higher than 99 is entered into the "Limit to" field, that value will be set to 99.
If you wish to show all products instead, click "All abandoned products."
When you've finished configuring options in the Abandoned Cart Builder, click "OK."
The Abandoned Cart content block is now configured in your email:
The abandoned cart product(s) values (product image, name, price, description) will be inserted into the email automatically when it is sent to the contact.
Once you're done configuring this email, click "Next" then click "Finish."
Contacts who receive this email will see customized information about the specific products they abandoned.