The Automations Performance report provides aggregate data of all automations in your account that have at least one sent campaign. You can use this to see how many contacts entered your automations and how well your automation campaigns are performing at-a-glance.
With this report, you will be able to:
- View automation performance metrics, including number of contacts entered and campaign metrics
- Set a date range to see automation metrics within a specific time period
- Export the data into a CSV, TXT, Excel (2007 or later), JSON, HTML, or Markdown file
Only users assigned to the Admin group in an account can access this report. Learn more about user permissions.
All email opens from Apple Mail clients will be reflected in these metrics. This includes contacts who use the Apple Mail app with iOS 15 with Mail Privacy Protection (MPP) enabled on their device. To learn more about MPP, visit ActiveCampaign and Apple iOS 15 Mail Privacy Protection.
How to access the Automations Performance report
To access this report, navigate to Reports > Automation Reports > Automations Performance.
Alternatively, you can access this report by navigating to Automations > Automations Performance.
The Automations Performance report will load all automations with at least one sent campaign and their overall campaign metrics. The data displayed will reflect the last 7 days by default. These metrics will be displayed in an exportable table.
Clicking the "Automation Event Date" dropdown at the top of the report will allow you to view metrics for automations within:
- Last 7 days (default)
- Last 14 days
- Last 30 days
- Custom range (you set a date range)
Set a date range
Setting a date range lets you view the report data within a specific time period. To set a date range, click on either the start or end date fields. Then, click the calendar icon to select a date.
In addition to the date dropdown at the top of the report, you can sort data in ascending or descending order by clicking any column header in the table.
View the report overview
Clicking the name of an automation in the Performance report will redirect you to the report overview for that automation.
Information included in the Automations Performance report
The Automations Performance report will include the following information:
- Name - Name of automation
- Status - Status of automation (Active/Inactive)
- # Contacts Entered - Total number contacts that entered an automation
- # Campaigns - Total number of campaigns in an automation that have been sent to at least one contact
- # Sends - Total number of campaign sends in an automation
- # Opens - Unique number of campaign opens
- # Clicks - Unique number of campaign clicks
- # Unsubscribes - Number of campaign unsubscribes
- # Bounces - Number of campaign bounces
- Open Rate - Percentage of unique campaign opens/the total number of campaign sends
- Click Rate - Percentage of unique campaign clicks/the total number of campaign sends
- Unsubscribe Rate - Percentage of campaign unsubscribes/the total number of campaign sends
- Forward Rate - Percentage of unique campaign forwards/the total number of campaign sends
- Bounce Rate - Percentage of campaign bounces/the total number of campaign sends
Exporting the Automations Performance report
To export the report, follow these steps:
- Hover your mouse over the "Bounce Rate" column and click the vertical ellipsis that appears.
- Click "Download Data."
- Click "Download" to export the data as a CSV, TXT, Excel (2007 or later), JSON, HTML or Markdown file.
This report will time out after 90 seconds. If you wait over 90 seconds to export this report, the exported file will be blank. If this happens, we recommend refreshing your browser and try exporting again.