The "is blank" and "is not blank" operators in the floating segment builder can be used to create searches and segments based on blank contact, deal, and account fields. This allows you to see which key pieces of information are missing so you can build full contact, deal, and account records as well as tailor your communications and outreach.
In this article:
- Account fields and Deal fields are available on Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans
- The "Is blank" and "Is not blank" operators in the segment builder are supported in the following locations in your ActiveCampaign account:
Fields that use the "is blank" and "is not blank" operators
You can also use these operators with the following fields in your account that ActiveCampaign provides:
Account Details fields (Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans)
- Account name
- Account URL
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Postal Code
- Phone Number
- Number of Employees
- Annual Revenue
Contact Geography fields (All plan levels)
- Area Code
Contact Details fields (All plan levels)
- First name
- Last name
- Full name
How to create a search using a blank field
In this section, we'll show you how to create an advanced search using a blank field. These instructions can be used for searching for blank contact fields, blank deal fields, or blank account fields. This example will look for contacts who have a blank last name field.
1. Click "Contacts" to go to the Contacts overview page.
2. Click the "Search Contacts" field then click "Advanced Search."
3. Click the condition dropdown to select the field you wish to use in the "is blank" segment. In this example, we're going to select "Last Name"
4. Click the operator dropdown and select "is blank."
5. Click the "Search" button.
All contacts who meet the "Is blank" condition will display in the search results.
Save your search as a segment
Once you've created an advanced search, you can save it as a segment for future use.
1. From the advanced search, click the search field that says "(1 condition set)."
2. Click the "Save as segment" button.
3. A modal box will appear. Type the name of the segment into the field provided and click "Save."
Learn more about creating segments.