You can use the ActiveCampaign for Chrome extension to track opens for your Gmail messages. All tracked emails will display the ActiveCampaign logo right in your inbox and show you the number of times a particular email was opened.
- Unread emails are white and display a zero
- Read emails are blue and display the number of times the contact opened your email
- Only customers on the Plus, Professional, or Enterprise plan will be able to use this extension to track email opens
- Untracked emails will not display the ActiveCampaign logo
- This extension will add new contacts to your account. This happens when you send an email with opens tracking enabled to an individual who does not have a profile record in your account
- We are not able to provide open metrics for contacts who use the Apple Mail app with iOS 15 with Mail Privacy Protection (MPP) enabled. To learn more, visit ActiveCampaign and Apple iOS 15 Mail Privacy Protection
How to enable opens tracking
To enable opens tracking for emails sent from your Gmail account:
1. From Gmail, compose an email to your contact.
2. Click the ActiveCampaign logo that appears in toolbar at the bottom of the email. The logo will be greyed out.
Once enabled, the logo will be blue and will have a green checkmark.
3. Click "Send" once your ready to send the email to your contact.
How do I know if a contact opened my email?
If opens tracking is enabled for an email, we'll display the ActiveCampaign logo next to your sent message. The number displayed with it shows how many times the contact opened the email.
For example below, the contact was sent an email with opens tracking enabled, but they have not opened it yet. We know they haven't opened it yet because the number says "0."
To see when a tracked email was opened by a contact, you'll need to navigate to that contact's profile page in your ActiveCampaign account and click the "Emails" tab located below "General Details."
How to a contact to the ignore list
To prevent contacts from being added to your ActiveCampaign through this extension, you can add them to your Ignore List by clicking the plus (+) symbol on the top right of the extension's side panel and clicking "Ignore Contact."
Email opens will not be tracked for contacts who were added to the Ignore List.