You can use ActiveCampaign’s Chrome extension to add new Contacts to your ActiveCampaign account right from your Gmail inbox or from your Chrome browser bar. Contacts can only be added to your ActiveCampaign account from Gmail one at a time.
- Lite plan users can only view contacts and will have limited functionality
- See the Getting Started with the ActiveCampaign for Chrome extension help article for additional resources
Create a Contact from your Gmail account
To create a contact directly from your Gmail account, follow these steps:
- Open your Gmail inbox.
- Locate any email between you and the contact you’d like to add and open it. The ActiveCampaign Chrome extension will load on the right side panel.
- Click the "Add Contact" button. The side panel will reload.
- Provide high-level contact information.
Add the contact's name and phone number by clicking the name and phone fields and typing the information.
To add an Account to the contact's profile (Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans), click the Account dropdown and click the Account name.
- Add tags to the contact.
Now you can add tags to the newly created contact to keep your contacts better organized. To do so, click the “Tags” view to search for and select an existing tag, or create a new tag.
As you type in the search bar, we’ll suggest existing tags you can use. To use a suggested tag, click it from the list of options. To create a new tag, click the “Create” button.
- Enter custom contact field values that are listed in the Fields view.
To update a field’s value, click the field and either type or select the field value. Click outside of the field when finished to save the updated information.
If you don't know any custom field information now, that's ok. You can always add it later.
Create a contact from the browser bar
You can create a contact from anywhere on the web using the ActiveCampaign Chrome extension popup.
To create a contact from your browser bar, follow these steps:
- Click the ActiveCampaign logo in your browser bar.
- A modal window will open. Click on the “+” button in the header of this window.
- Select “Add a contact”.
- Complete the fields within the contact form to create the Contact. The required fields to create a contact are shown with a red asterisk.
- Fill out the rest of the fields if you have the information to do so. If you don't have any further information, that's ok, you can always adjust it later.
- When finished, click the "Add Contact" button at the bottom of the form.
The new contact will be added to your ActiveCampaign account.