As of June 1st, 2021, this integration is available on:
- All Salesforce plan tiers
- Professional and Enterprise ActiveCampaign plan tiers
You can sync Salesforce Opportunities to your ActiveCampaign account. Doing so lets you see the Opportunity on contact records, trigger automations when opportunties are created or updated in Salesforce, and personalize automation emails with Salesforce Opportunity fields.
In this article:
Requirements to sync Salesforce Opportunities
- You must go through the steps to configure the ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration
- You must turn Salesforce Opportunities sync on. This is done during the Dynamic Mapping step
- The Opportunity in Salesforce must have a Primary Contact
- The Primary Contact needs an ActiveCampaign ID, or the Primary contact needs to meet criteria set for Contacts and Leads to be synced to ActiveCampaign
How it works
The Salesforce Opportunity sync is a one-way sync from Salesforce to ActiveCampaign.
When a Salesforce Opportunity syncs to ActiveCampaign, it appears in your account as a custom object. This object appears on the Contact Profile record for the synced contact. The synced contact must also be the primary contact on the Opportunity.
At this time, there are only four supported fields for Salesforce Opportunity syncs:
- Close Date
The information displayed in these fields is for informational purposes only. It is not possible to edit these fields from your ActiveCampaign account.
- You will see two new automation triggers
- You can personalize automation emails with Salesforce Opportunity information
- You can add two manage package fields for the Opportunity object to the Opportunity Record Page layout in Salesforce. These two fields are: Sync Status and ActiveCampaign Last Synced
- You can view Salesforce Opportunity syncs on the Health Dashboard
How to set up Salesforce Opportunity syncs
The Salesforce Opportunity sync is enabled during the Salesforce Integration setup at the Dynamic Field Mapping step.
If you already have the Salesforce Integration configured and want to sync Opportunties:
1. Log into your Salesforce account.
2. Access the ActiveCampaign Salesforce App.
3. Select the Dynamic Field mapping step., you can go back to Dynamic Field mapping.
4. Click the "Opportunity Mapping" tab.
5. Click the toggle to set the Salesforce Opportunity Mapping to the "On" position.
From that point forward, Salesforce Opportunities will sync to your ActiveCampaign account according to the scheduled job in your Salesforce org.
Salesforce Opportunity custom object automation triggers
The automations trigger modal will contain two new custom object triggers:
- Opportunity Created
Contacts are pulled into the automation when a new Opportunity syncs to ActiveCampaign.
- Opportunity Updated
Contacts are pulled into the automation when a synced Opportunity is updated.
These two triggers are located under the "Objects" section of the trigger modal.
There are some constraints to keep in mind when using these two triggers:
- You can only use one trigger for your automation
This only applies if you're using a custom object trigger. As a reminder, the Opportunity we're syncing is a custom object from Salesforce.
- You can only use one filter for your automation trigger
This only applies if you're using a custom object trigger. The fields and values you can segment are from the Salesforce Opportunity.
Salesforce Opportunity data will not be available in the floating segment builder. This means you cannot use this data to create list segments, advanced searches, conditional content, goals, If/Else automation forks, or lead scores.
Personalize automation emails with Salesforce Opportunity data
Once the integration is configured, you can use Opportunity object fields to personalize any email campaign sent from an automation. These personalization options are located under the "Custom Objects" section in the "Add a Personalization" modal.
These fields are not available to use in one-to-one emails or campaigns sent from the Campaigns tab.
Learn how to personalize your emails
Add ActiveCampaign fields to the Opportunity Record Page layout
As an optional step, you can add two fields to the Opportunity Record Page layout.
These fields are:
- ActiveCampaign Sync Status
- ActiveCampaign Last Synced
To learn how to add these fields to the Opportunity Record Page layout, visit How to add ActiveCampaign components and fields to Salesforce.
Note that while the instructions are specific to adding fields to the Record Deals component to page layouts, you can follow the same steps for the Opportunity Record Page layout.