As of June 1st, 2021, this integration is available on:
- All Salesforce plan tiers
- Professional and Enterprise ActiveCampaign plan tiers
You can sync Salesforce Opportunities to your ActiveCampaign account. Doing so lets you see the Opportunity on contact records, trigger automations when opportunities are created or updated in Salesforce, and personalize automation emails with Salesforce Opportunity fields.
Requirements to sync Salesforce Opportunities:
- You must go through the steps to configure the ActiveCampaign Salesforce integration
- You must turn on the Salesforce Opportunities sync from the Dynamic Mapping step of the integration setup
- The Opportunity in Salesforce must have a Primary Contact
- The Primary Contact needs an ActiveCampaign ID, or the Primary contact needs to meet the criteria set for Contacts and Leads to sync to ActiveCampaign.
How it works
The Salesforce Opportunity sync is a one-way sync from Salesforce to ActiveCampaign.
When a Salesforce Opportunity syncs to ActiveCampaign, it appears in your account as a custom object. This object appears on the Contact Profile record for the synced contact. The synced contact must also be the primary contact on the Opportunity.
At this time, there are only four supported fields for Salesforce Opportunity syncs:
- Close Date
The information displayed in these fields is for informational purposes only. It is not possible to edit these fields from your ActiveCampaign account.
- You will see two new automation triggers
- You can personalize automation emails with Salesforce Opportunity information
- You can add two managed package fields for the Opportunity object to the Opportunity Record Page layout in Salesforce. These two fields are: Sync Status and ActiveCampaign Last Synced
- You can view Salesforce Opportunity syncs on the Health Dashboard
For more information about custom objects, read the Custom object help article.
How to set up Salesforce Opportunity syncs
You can enable the Salesforce Opportunity sync from the Dynamic Field Mapping step of the Salesforce Integration setup.
If you already have the Salesforce Integration configured and want to sync Opportunities:
- Log into your Salesforce account.
- Access the ActiveCampaign Salesforce App.
- Select the Dynamic Field mapping step.
- Click the "Opportunity Mapping" tab.
- Click the toggle to set the Salesforce Opportunity Mapping to the "On" position.
From that point forward, Salesforce Opportunities will sync to your ActiveCampaign account according to the scheduled job in your Salesforce org.
Salesforce Opportunity automation triggers and actions
The automations trigger modal will contain two new custom object triggers for Salesforce Opportunities:
- Opportunity Created
Contacts are pulled into the automation when a new Opportunity syncs to ActiveCampaign.
- Opportunity Updated
Contacts are pulled into the automation when a synced Opportunity is updated.
You can locate these two triggers under the "Apps" section of the trigger modal.
Note that you can only use one custom object for your automation. If the automation already has a trigger of any type, you cannot add a Salesforce Opportunity trigger to it. If an automation already has a Salesforce Opportunity trigger, you cannot add any other triggers. However, you can still manually add contacts to the automation.
You can use custom object data when using "If/Else" actions.
It is not possible to use custom object data when creating:
- List segments
- Advanced searches
- Conditional content
- Contact or deal scores
- Goal automation actions
- Conditional wait automation actions
- Conditional split automation actions
For more details, learn how to build Automations with custom objects.
Personalize automation emails with Salesforce Opportunity data
Once you configure the integration, you can use Opportunity object fields to personalize any email campaign sent from an automation. These personalization options are under the "Custom Objects" section in the "Add a Personalization" modal.
These fields are not available to use in one-to-one emails or campaigns sent from the Campaigns tab.
Learn how to personalize your emails.
Add ActiveCampaign fields to the Opportunity Record Page layout
You can add two fields to the Opportunity Record Page layout as an optional step.
These fields are:
- ActiveCampaign Sync Status
- ActiveCampaign Last Synced
To learn how to add these fields to the Opportunity Record Page layout, visit How to add ActiveCampaign components and fields to Salesforce.
While the instructions are specific to adding fields to the Record Deals component to page layouts, you can follow the same steps for the Opportunity Record Page layout.