Unregistered users looking to send SMS messages to recipients in the U.S. will be cut off starting January 7th. If you have not already, please begin the registration process ASAP.
To use SMS in ActiveCampaign, you have to register for Application-to-person 10-digit long codes, or A2P 10DLC. An example of a 10-digit long code would be your personal phone number.
All ActiveCampaign customers who wish to send SMS/Text Messages to recipients with U.S. phone numbers will be required to go through an industry-standard registration process. This process will also have a significant impact on the reduction of SMS/Text Spam and Fraud.
- Registration is only available for those within the Admin Group
- Registration will be required for all customers planning to send SMS messages to U.S. recipients. Inaction will increase the likelihood of message filtering
- For brand registration, you can only submit once. It is critical that all information is accurate
- For campaign use-case registration, we are only supporting one campaign use-case submission. Once the campaign is submitted, there is no way to go back and edit or adjust it. It is critical that this is submitted with accurate details
How to register for A2P 10DLC
The overall registration process for A2P 10DLC requires two main steps:
- A company brand registration. Businesses must identify who they are to carrier networks (Verizon, T-Mobile, AT&T, etc).
- A standardized campaign use-case registration. Businesses must register the type of messages they are sending (i.e. marketing campaigns, customer service, account updates, etc).
Depending on your business needs, there are two paths for brand registration: a free path and a higher volume sending paid path. You can note the differences in these two options here
- You can send up to 3,000 message segments per day
- A faster, express registration process
- Please note this is the only option if you are a Sole Proprietor
- You can send over 3,000 message segments per day
- There is a one-time $100 fee for this registration path
- A more detailed registration process is required
- If your business is in the USA, it is critical that your Business name and Address match exactly as it does for their EIN listing. Visit EIN Tax ID Number Lookup & Validation to look up your EIN number
- This option is available for the following brand options: Corporation, LLC, Partnership, Co-Operative, and Non-profit
Begin the brand registration process
- Log into your ActiveCampaign account.
- Click "Settings" on the left menu.
- Click the "SMS Manager" option.
The first page will require you to select whether you are going to be sending SMS messages in the United States. If you are not, select the "No" option in the dropdown menu and no registration will be required at this time.
If you do intend to send SMS messages within the United States, select the "Yes" option and you will be prompted to start the registration process.
From here, follow these instructions:
- Select your business type from the dropdown.
- It is critical that you select the correct business type. This will impact the information collected in the following steps. Providing incorrect information will cause delays in the registration process. Note that the second higher volume sending registration path option will appear on this page if you choose a business type other than "Sole Proprietorship."
- Click "Begin free registration" to continue the process. If you choose the higher volume sending option, click "Begin registration."
How to register your brand
Your “brand” is your business. This step requires you to provide contact information for a key point of contact within your business as well as information about your company.
This information is required during the registration process so your business can be recognized and verified when sending SMS messages. This information helps carriers better understand who is sending the messages and ensures you remain compliant.
Once the brand registration step is complete, you will not be able to edit the information. Completing this step allows you to move forward to the next step to register your campaign use-case
To register your brand:
- Fill out the fields for the "Personal contact information." This includes name, email address, phone number, and job position. For the higher volume sending registration option, the form will require more detailed information.
- Fill out the fields for your business's brand information. This includes the business name, business ID and type, industry, website, regions of operation, and company status.
- Fill out the fields for your business address
- Once you've completed the necessary fields, click "Submit and Continue" to go to the campaign use-case registration page.
How to register your campaign use-case
This step lets you register the type of messages you are sending (i.e. marketing campaigns, customer service, account updates, etc.) via a standardized campaign use-case registration.
It is critical that your selected campaign use-case reflects the content you are sending. Inaccurate information will result in filtered messages and potential compliance issues.
- Select your campaign use-case from the options in the dropdown menu:
- For Free Registration users: Users opting for the free registration do not need to select their campaign use-case type for the Free Registration path. Your A2P 10DLC registration will be applied to all existing SMS Blocks automatically upon successful registration
- Higher Volume Sending Registration: If you opt for the higher volume sending registration, your first use-case, you will use the default “Mixed” campaign use-case type. This is a catch all that is defined as "A campaign that covers multiple campaign use-cases" and will automatically be applied to existing SMS blocks.
- Provide a description of how you plan to use your SMS campaign.
- Provide 2 sample text messages that you plan to use.
- Identify if your messages will include an embedded link and/or phone numbers.
- Once complete, click the "Submit" button to submit your campaign-use case for review. You will see confirmation of your registration on the final page.