With ActiveCampaign, you can edit multiple Accounts at once. Bulk editing Accounts can help you be more efficient in managing your Accounts and making updates across multiple Accounts.
You can bulk edit Account standard and custom fields. These include:
- Account Owner (Admin only)
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Postal Code
- Phone Number
- Number of Employees
- Annual Revenue
- All Account custom fields
- Users need to have “Edit” permissions for Accounts to use this feature
- Only Admins and users with “Reassign Accounts” permissions under Settings > Users & Groups > Accounts can update the “Account Owner” field
- You can only edit Accounts visible on the Accounts page. Meaning, you need to follow the steps below for each page of Accounts you want to edit
How to bulk edit Accounts
- Click “Contacts” > “Accounts” on the left menu.
- Locate the Accounts you want to update using any one or combination of these methods:
- Use the “Account Owner” dropdown to display Accounts per Account Owner
- Use the search bar to find Accounts by account name
- Click the checkbox for each Account you want to edit. You can also select all Accounts on a page by clicking the checkbox next to “Account Name.”
You can increase the amount of Accounts shown on the page in the bottom right corner with the “Rows” dropdown.
- An edit button will appear. Click the “Edit” button and select or search the field you want to edit in the bulk edit Account modal.
Account Owner field will not show up for users that do not have permission. Only Admins and users with “Reassign Accounts” permissions under Settings > Users & Groups > Accounts can update the “Account Owner” field.
- Once you choose an Account field, the additional fields will update based on the Account field you choose to edit. Fill out all available fields with the new values.
- You can also edit multiple fields at once. To do so, click “Add Another Action.” You will need a separate action for every field you want to edit.
- To delete an action, click the trash can icon to the right of the action.
- Click the “Apply” button when you are finished.
- A confirmation message will appear to summarize the bulk edit updates. Click the “Apply changes” button to confirm.
A notification message will appear and let you know that your change is processing. You can safely navigate away from the page.