With ActiveCampaign, you can use the “Order is updated” trigger to start automations when a status changes for an ecommerce order.
- This trigger is available with the Shopify and WooCommerce integrations
- This trigger is located in the “Ecommerce” section of the “Add a Start Trigger” modal
- Order data is available in the floating segment builder and can be used to limit further conta
cts entering your automation
- If adding this or any other trigger to an “Active” automation, set the automation to “Inactive” first. Once you’re done editing the automation, set it back to “Active” so contacts can continue to enter your automation and proceed through your workflow
Use the “Order is updated” trigger
The “Order is updated” trigger adds contacts to your automation as soon as their order is updated, and can be segmented for specific field updates like from one order status to another (ex: order status is updated from completed to refunded).
To add this trigger to your automation:
- Click Automations on the left menu.
- Locate the automation you want to edit, then click “Edit” to open it. Alternatively, you can click “Create an automation” to create a new automation.
- Click “Add a start trigger” at the top of the automation builder.
- The trigger modal will open. Click “E-Commerce,” then select the “Order is updated” trigger.
- The “Order is updated” trigger will open. Configure the following trigger settings to follow the Order Status Automation Scenario:
- Field - Select “Status”
- From - This is the starting status of an order. Choose “Any value” or “A specific value.” If choosing a specific value, two dropdowns will appear where you can choose the operator and then the order status
- To - This is the updated status of an order. Choose “Any value” or “A specific value.” If choosing a specific value, two dropdowns will appear where you can choose the operator and then the order status
- Runs - select if the automation should run “Once” or “Multiple times.” For more information about this configuration option, read What is the difference between “Runs once” and “Runs multiple times?"
- “Segment the contacts entering this automation” advanced option (optional) - You can narrow down the pool of contacts who enter your automation with a segment. You may want to use this option if there are certain contacts you don’t want to enter your automation, even if their order is updated
- When finished configuring the trigger, click “Save.”