You can rename any email in your automation; it does not matter if the automation is active or if the email has already gone out to some of your contacts. You may want to do this if you are using the same email more than once in your automation and want to keep reporting and automation logic organized.
1. From the Automations overview page, click "Edit" for the the automation containing the email you wish to rename. You can also click the automation name to open it.
2. Hover your mouse over the email you wish to rename and click the "Edit Email" icon.
3. Click the "Next" button on the top right of the Campaign Builder.
4. You will be directed to the Campaign Summary page of your automation email. Enter the new name of your email in the “Message Name” field.
5. Click the "Finish" button located on the top right of the Campagin Summary page.
You will see the new name of your email reflected in the automation and in the automation report.