The opt-in confirmation email is an email sent to contacts who submit your subscription form.
The opt-in confirmation message can only be sent to contacts if they meet both of the following requirements:
- You have the double opt-in enabled on your ActiveCampaign form
Single opt-in forms do not use opt-in confirmation emails. Learn more about the differences between a single and double opt-in.
- The contact does not have an "Active" status for your list
If a contact is active for your list and submits your form, they will see your confirmation action instead of receiving your opt-in email. Read more about confirmation actions. Learn more about contact statuses.
Edit the opt-in confirmation email
To edit your opt-in confirmation email:
- Click "Website" on the left menu.
- Click the "Forms" option.
- Locate the form you wish to work with, then click the "Edit" button.
- The form builder will load. All editing and style options will appear in the right pane. Click the "Options" tab on the right pane.
- Locate the "Form Action" section. Click the settings gear icon next to the list name.
- A modal window will appear. Click the "Edit" button for the opt-in email.
- The email designer will open. Here you can drag and drop different content blocks into your confirmation email and update the email content.
- To edit the "From" information, including your "From" name and email address, or to update the subject line of your opt-in confirmation email, click the gear icon located on the top right of your screen.
- A modal window will open. Here you can modify your subject line, "From" name and email, "Reply to" email, and send a test of your email.
- When finished, click "Done" located on the top right of your screen.
- Click "Save" to save your changes and go back to the form editor.