The opt-in confirmation email is a message that is sent to your contacts when they opt in to your list by submitting a form.
This message can only be sent if:
- You have the double opt-in enabled on your ActiveCampaign form. Opt-in confirmation emails are not sent if you have single opt-in enabled. To learn more about differences between a single and double opt-in, click here.
- The contact does not have an “Active” status for your list. If a contact is active for your list and submits your form, they will see your confirmation action instead of receiving your opt-in email. We will not send an opt-in confirmation email to contacts who are already subscribed to your list. You can read more about confirmation actions here. To learn more about contact statuses, click here.
To edit your opt-in confirmation email, follow the steps below:
1. Click on "Forms" from the left navigation menu in your account.
2. Click "Edit" next to the form.
3. Click the “Options” tab from the right side menu.
4. Click the gear icon located to the right of the “Subscribe to List” form action.
5. Select “Edit” next to “Opt-in Email.”
6. The email designer will open. Here you can drag and drop different content blocks into your confirmation email or update the default text:
7. To edit the From information, including your From name and email address, or to update the subject line of your opt-in confirmation email, click the gear icon located on the top right of your screen:
8. A modal window will open where you can modify your subject line, From name and email, reply to email, and send a test of your email:
9. When finished, click “Done” located on the top right of your screen.
10. Click “Save" to save your changes and go back to the form editor.