The opt-in confirmation email is an email sent to contacts who submit your subscription form.
The opt-in confirmation message can only be sent to contacts if:
You have the double opt-in enabled on your ActiveCampaign form
Opt-in confirmation emails are not sent if you have single opt-in enabled. Learn more about the differences between a single and double opt-in.
The contact does not have an “Active” status for your list
If a contact is active for your list and submits your form, they will see your confirmation action instead of receiving your opt-in email. We will not send an opt-in confirmation email to contacts who are already subscribed to your list. Read more about confirmation actions. Learn more about contact statuses.
Edit the opt-in confirmation email
To edit your opt-in confirmation email:
1. Click "Site" on the left menu of your account.
2. Click the "Forms" option on the Site menu.
3. Locate the form you wish to work with, then click the "Edit" button.
4. The form builder will load. All editing and style options will appear in the right pane. Click the "Options" tab on the right pane.
5. Locate the "Form Action" section. Click the settings gear icon next to the list name.
6. A modal window will appear. Click the “Edit” button for the opt-in email.
7. The email designer will open. Here you can drag and drop different content blocks into your confirmation email or update the default text.
8. To edit the From information, including your From name and email address, or to update the subject line of your opt-in confirmation email, click the gear icon located on the top right of your screen:
9. A modal window will open where you can modify your subject line, From name and email, reply to email, and send a test of your email:
10. When finished, click “Done” located on the top right of your screen.
11. Click “Save" to save your changes and go back to the form editor.