It’s easy to push through wait steps so that you can quickly test your automation before “going live.”
In this article, we'll show you how to add a test contact to an automation and how to force them to a skip wait action.
1. Using the search field, locate the test contact from the Contacts overview page.
2. Click the contact's name to open their profile page.
3. Click the "Add" button located in the Automations row.
4. The "Add to an Automation" modal will open. Click the checkbox next to the automation you wish to add the test contact to.
4. Click the "OK" button. This action will add the test contact to your automation and the "Add to an Automation" modal will close.
5. From that same contact's profile page, click the automation you just added them to.
6. Click the "View" button located in the automation status modal.
7. You will be redirected to the contact's path in your automation. Click the "Skip this wait action" link.
The contact will proceed to the next step in your automation. You will see an "X" located next to the wait step that was skipped:
In addition to skipping wait actions, you can also push your contact through goal actions with wait conditions.
Example of a Goal action with a wait condition:
To do so, follow the steps outlined above, and click "Skip this wait action" located next to the goal action for the test contact.