The Tag Manager is available on all plans.
The Tag Manager makes it easy to view and manage every tag in your account. With the Tag Manager, you can see which automations use a specific tag and how many contacts have that tag applied to them. In addition, the Tag Manager allows you to bulk add tags, edit tags, merge tags, and delete tags from your account.
How to access the Tag Manager
Click "Contacts" > "Tags" on the left menu. The Manage Tags page will display a list of all tags in your account. In addition, you will see the following for each tag:
- Tag description (if you've added one)
- Number of contacts that have that tag
- Automations that are currently using that tag
Bulk add tags to the Tag Manager
To add multiple tags at once:
- Type or paste the tags you want to add in the "Add Tag" box.
- Make sure that there is only one tag per line.
- Click the "Add Tags" button.
How to find and modify automations using a tag
Any changes you make to a tag in the Tag Manager will not be reflected in your automations.
We recommend updating any automations that reference your old tag to reflect your new tag first, then use the Tag Manager to edit/merge/delete that old tag.
To quickly find the automation(s) that references your old tag, follow these steps:
- From the Manage Tags page, click the number that appears under the "Automations" column.
- A modal window will appear with a list of automations. Click the name of the automation to open it.
- Find the action using the old tag and then modify it so it is no longer referenced.
How to edit a tag
When you edit a tag in the Tag Manager, that change will be reflected for all contacts with that tag. The change will also be reflected in the floating segment builder.
However, this change will not be reflected in link actions or automations that use that tag. We recommend updating link actions and automation actions that reference this tag first, then following the steps below to edit your tag.
To modify the tag's name or add a description:
- From the Tag Manager, locate the tag you want to edit.
- Click "Edit."
- A modal window will appear. Complete the fields provided.
- Click the "Save" button.
How to delete a tag from your account
When you delete a tag from the tag manager, that tag will be removed from all contacts and will no longer be available in the floating segment builder.
However, this tag will not be removed from your automations or link actions. All automations and link actions using this tag must be updated manually. We recommend modifying your automations and link actions first, then following the steps below to delete your tag.
To delete a tag:
- From the Tag Manager, locate the tag you want to delete.
- Click the down caret next to the "Edit" button.
- Click "Delete."
- A modal window will appear. Choose to either remove this tag from all contacts who have it or move all contacts to a different tag. If choosing to move all contacts to a different tag, click into the tag field and select the new tag.
- Click "Delete Tag."
The system will begin removing the tags from contacts and the Tag manager. Click "Close."
How to merge tags
If you have multiple tags that serve the same purpose, you can use the Merge function in the Tag Manager to combine them.
The tag(s) selected for the merge will be removed from contacts and the Tag Manager; the tag selected in the "Merge into tag" field will then be applied to all contacts with the old tag.
All automations and link actions using the old tag(s) will need to be updated manually to reflect your preferred tag. We recommend modifying your automations and link actions that reference this tag first, then following these steps to merge your tags.
To merge tags:
- Select the redundant tag(s)from the Tag Manager and click the "Merge" button.
- Click the field that appears under "Merge into tag."
- Click the tag you wish to merge the old tag into.
- Click "Merge Selected Tags."