Contacts will enter your automations as soon as they match the triggering conditions you define, and will proceed through your workflow until the reach the last step in your automation. However, there may be times when you wish to manually add a contact(s) to an automation, or end their workflow before they reach the last step in the automation.
In this article, we'll discuss:
How to manually start or stop an automation for a single contact
1. Click "Contacts" in the left side menu to navigate to the Contacts Overview page.
2. Click into the search field and search for the contact you wish to add to an automation, or end the automation for.
3. Click the contact's name or email address to open their Contact Record.
4. Scroll down until you see the "Automations" section. To add the contact to an automation, click the "Add" button.
5. A modal window will appear with a list of your active automations. If you don't see an automation listed here, you might need to activate it. Select the automation(s) you wish to add the contact to and click ok.
The contact will be added to the selected automation(s) immediately. This action cannot be undone.
Ending an automation early for a single contact is also completed from the contact's profile page.
Click the automation you wish to end:
A modal window will appear. Click the "End" button.
This action will immediately end the automation for the contact and they will be given a completed status.
How to manually start or stop an automation for a group of contacts
In this section, we'll show you how to conduct an advanced search and use the bulk editor so you can start or stop an automation for a group of contacts.
1. Click "Contacts" in the left menu to navigate to the Contacts Overview page.
2. Click into the search field and click "Advanced Search."
3. The segment builder will appear. Create conditions to find the group of contacts that you'd like to add or remove from an automation and click “Search.”
4. When the contacts appear, check to make sure it's the right group of contacts and then click “Edit All” to display the Bulk Editor.
5. A modal window will appear. To add the contacts to an automation, click "Add to Automation" and select the automation you wish to add them to from the dropdown that appears:
To end an automation(s) for the group of contacts, click "Remove from automation" and select the automation you wish to end from the dropdown list that appears.
6. Click “Apply changes”in the lower right-hand corner to begin processing your contacts.